Sunday, July 27, 2014

Week 30- Veggies full, Malad, 80 yard challenge

Our garden keeps growing and growing! I love that we are getting veggies now. The jalapenos are almost ready to pick, we trimmed our potatoes this week, onions need about another week and our tomatoes just need to turn! Its so exciting!
 I picked a bunch of green beans and thinned out my carrots some more this week. 

 I got my first pepper harvest
 This is how I spent a chunk of the weekend.. cutting and sealing veggies
 Green beans blanched and sealed
Anaheims
Bell peppers diced and sealed
I took the baby carrots I thinned and blanched them and sealed them too. Figured they're perfect for a stew this winter
 We have a neighbor just down the road that sells corn and other veggies from a stand in his driveway.. we pass by several times a year and I finally stopped to get some sweet corn. He sells a Bakers dozen for $3.50. 
 Husked it, cut it in half and blanched the corn too
 Then I sealed up a bunch of corn halves.
Miss Koree and Kinlie came over to play for a while. Koree and I had to take a nap. She slept so good!
 You can tell when Chris has had a long week at work when he comes home and this is the first thing he does. 
My sisters work wrote this cute thing about her and put it on their Facebook
Good job Lysha Lou!

I found the most amazing thing this week. My leg has been ridiculously painful and nasty since I slid into 3rd.. It helped a lot to cover it but the rash was too big for a large bandaid and gauze was horrible. It stuck inside. Finally I had enough and went to the store where I found these.. 
AMAZING
I love them and they actually do what they say on the box. They dont stick at all and do absorb
 Totally a must have. I cleaned it twice a day and gooped a ton of Neosporin on it and kept it wrapped
This is one of the more healed pictures... like all that nasty leg hair I cant shave in there..drives me insane.
 Finally we started to get it more respectable looking!

Daddy mowed lawns. We tagged along for moral support
We took a run to Malad to go get some logging permits
Chris cant leave home with out his radio.. he might miss hearing about a good fire
 We had to stop for provisions.. diet coke and donuts
Now to find some time between our busy lives and hunting season to get these filled!
 This weekend we also cleaned out the playroom upstairs and turned it into the bow room
 Taylor came over to shoot one night.. Zack stopped by and had to run home to get his bow. They actually talked Chris into shooting with us. Normally just Taylor and I shoot and Chris hangs out with us. Chris doesn't believe in practicing.. hes just that good. It started off as just normal shooting.. 20-30 yards..

I told them to stand closer for a picture and I get this...
They were all laughing too hard trying to be serious
 We had 3 targets set out in our backyard. One for broadheads ( I was shooting those practicing for the elk hunt) and two for field tips that Chris, Zack and Taylor were shooting at
 Then things escalated quickly... 
They moved back to 50 yards and then it was well lets see how far we can go from here
 Then it was the side of the house out to 60 yards


 60 wasnt enough so they had to go to the road at 70 yards. You only have pins and are sighted in for 20, 30, 40, 50 and 60 yards generally unless you've sighted in for something different. They were only sighted into 60 yards but just held high and adjusted
 and of course 70 wasnt enough.. we had to cross the street and they shot at 80 yards. One shot, one watched the target and two watched for traffic.
 80 yards is a long dang shot!
After they got done shooting it was time to play with the dirt bike. A few weeks ago it just stopped running. We were riding it and it just stopped. We hadnt had time to mess with it. So we tried to start it. Checked the spark plug, oil, gas etc. Everything was good but it was flooding. Zack decided we needed to pull start it to by pass the flooding and see if it would help. So the boys pushed Chris down the street
 That wasnt good enough. They needed a little more force and a little more constant speed so they hooked it up behind the 4 wheeler... and drove all over like this trying to start it. They had no luck this way either so they pulled it into the garage and took off the carb again. The main jet had came undone and was just floating inside. They tightened it and we were good as new.
 Saturday morning Willard Fire Dept rented out a theater at Walker Cinnemas for the fire dept members and their families to see Planes: Fire & Rescue. We had a really good turn out! Kennedy sat between Uncle Zack and Uncle Taylor so she was in heaven. My mom came too with Parker. The show was super cute!
 Kennedy didnt want to be left out of shooting. After the movie she wanted to get her bow out and practice
 That night Taylor came over to shoot again. Its pretty much a nightly thing. I only have 21 more days til the elk hunt starts. He talked me into shooting 70 and 80 yards. Crazy....
 Then it was back to yards between 5-35 yards practicing for my big bull Im gonna find... Id had enough shooting circles on a bag, I went and got my elk target to make it more realistic
 Hopefully this will do!

No comments: