Monday, July 14, 2014

Week 28- Grandparents pool, garden growing, water challenges, Rue at the Spur

My parents got a pool! We were so excited. Chris, Kyle, Dane, Zack and Taylor helped set it up Sunday while I was at work
This Sunday dinner was at my parents house. Tamales mmmm. Grandma Kathy sat at the kids table with them. They were so excited.
As soon as we were done eating the kids had to go play in the pool. My parents were still filling it with garden hoses so it wasnt very deep but was pretty cold

 I couldnt resist. I had to get in too. Kennedy and Kinlie started splashing me as soon as I climbed in

 Which then turned into a water fight


 Klint loves water. I took him into the pool and couldnt get him out!
 Kennedy sent off her first letter to her new pen pal this week.

I set up a bag in the backyard and was practicing my shooting for the elk hunt. Sitting down, kneeling, shooting with weeds in the way, shooting at different yardages and different angles. Plus I was working on shooting a lot quicker than I normally shoot. It was a little challenging but I think I was getting better. It was the first time shooting the new arrows Todd and Jana bought me. Wow. Those things are awesome! They fly so well and so quickly!

 While I was doing that Chris was studying for his Willand II test and Taylor was practicing his duck calls. 
 I love to lay under out tree in the backyard and stare up at the branches
After work this week I was exhausted. I really wanted to go home and just take a nap. I decided to be fun mom instead and we went to Grandma and Grandpas pool for a little bit.
 Im starting to get some peppers!

and see that tiny tomato coming woo hoo!
I picked my first harvest of peas too
We were irrigating so it was a muddy nasty mess outside. I stole Chris's irrigating boots and was wearing my shorts. Its a good thing he loves me :)
 Theres been that cold beer cold water challenge going around on the internet. Chris was challenged. We came up with something awesome for his. We couldnt have it just be lame. We headed down to Zebs house to borrow Zacks tractor and filled the bucket with COLD water
Then we raised it above him and he sat on a cooler
then Zack dumped it on him
 After we got back from Bear Lake I was surprised to see how well my peppers had grown!

 I have such good boys. They peeled my peas while I made Kennedy Mac N Cheese and vacuum sealed zucchini 
 Later on that night we took Rue down to the Spur to work on her retrieving. SHE DID AMAZING! 




I had to do the cold water challenge too since stinking Zack called me out. We backed the truck down the boat ramp til the water was deeper then Rue and I jumped in.
We had pulled the truck out of the water when Kennedy said she wanted to do it. So we backed the truck back down and I hopped in the water to video tape her. She called out two people all on her own.. Grandpa Todd and Grandma Chris. Her video was so cute!


No comments: