Sunday, July 6, 2014

Firemans Ball

Thursday night we held our annual Firemans Ball. We spent most the day getting everything ready for the dinner, raffle and auction. Jana sold the dinner tickets and I sold the raffle tickets during the dinner. We had a pretty steady stream of people. Chris was the auctioneer this year. He loved it.
Todd and Randi got into a bidding war on one item. She came over to stand next to him and it just made him bid more! She would bid then he would bid
 Shes trying to talk him out of it but it didnt work
in the end Todd won it.
 I had to sell raffle tickets til 9:45. After that I went and joined everyone else on the grass to listen to the band for a minute before the raffle. They announced firefighter of the year and Taylor won! I was so sad I didnt know because I wasnt where I could get a very good picture. Taylor getting his award. Way go to go!
 Chris was the MC for the night too. He and Taylor gave Van a blanket for the anniversary of Chiefs. Tammy, Taylors mom, made the quilt.
 Chris was the announcer for the raffle. 
 After that they lit off just a few fireworks at the ball diamond.
 Kennedy looks so forward to the dance every year. She danced and danced and danced and danced. She was one tired peanut by the time we left.

No comments: