Sunday, July 20, 2014

Week 29- Pistol rock, motorcycle accident, softball and bonfire

My green beans are almost ready!
Miss K found a rock that looked like a pistol and loved it.
 She carried it all around and made sure she unloaded it before she went in for the night
I attacked the camper for all its worth and finally got rid of the milk smell.
Monday night I went on a 3 motorcycle wreck. These are pictures from the paper. What you cant see is there are 3 more patients on the other side of the first ambulance and Life Flight

 Hey look thats me in the paper in the white shirt. My patient was already loaded and on the way to the hospital so I was helping do paperwork on everyone. 
 Wednesday night we had a softball game at 6pm. It was the start of the tournament. It was so stinking hot!
Chris pitching




 I slid into 3rd base. I was safe and actually knocked the kid off the base and he dropped the ball. Normally slidings not a big deal. I get a little scratch and thats all. This field was aweful and SO hard it tore the hell out of my leg. Anyone who has ever had slide burn knows how bad it stings and instantly goes on fire. I was miserable on the way home so I finally took a banana, soaked it in water and put it over it with a ponytail holder. The air was killing it.
 By the time I got home it had swollen a ton and was huge.. I cleaned it out good again
 wrapped it up to ice it and relaxed 
 The next day was MISERABLE. It was the day of Bear Lake. It burned and stung so bad I was almost in tears. I couldnt sleep that night before. We got home that night and I said thats it. Im done. I went on a grass fire and while we were there I told Todd I need some stuff to fix it!!!! Luckily he had already made me some. He has this special mixture he makes that's amazing for things like this and also has a painkiller in it. It draws out all the swelling and dirt that's in there. I have no idea whats in it but I love it. We gooped a bunch on and by later that night it didnt hurt at all and all the swelling was gone. 
 Friday we tried to take Mindy out carp fishing. Me, K, Liz, Koree, Klint, Kyle, Shafer and Mason all went out to where they fish to try and get her something but they just werent out.
 Saturday morning after our big hike Friday night Me, Taylor and Todd hiked into our trail cams. We had to switch out some cameras and pack in a bunch of stuff. Our backs were SO heavy. We got to bed about midnight the night before and had to be at Todds house at 5am. Taylor and I were beat. We had problems with the drill and one of the bolts so we had to rig it up with bailing twine. Chris couldnt go because he was on call for work so he stayed  home with K.
 Saturday night we went out to a benifit dinner to support Fielding Fire Dept. A lot of the local depts have fundraiser dinners and we try hard as a family to make it to all of theirs...even though we never see them at ours. They did pulled pork sandwhiches, salad and dutch oven potatoes. 

Saturday night Mom wanted us to have a bonfire at our house so we did. Mason had 3 things on his list he wanted to do in Utah. Shoot a bow. Ride a horse and ride a four wheeler. He loves the outdoors. Kyle and Liz are going to take him out on a horse. We took him out on the wheeler and last night Chris taught him to shoot a bow.

 Only Chris had a little surprise for him...he gave him the bow and arrows to take home. It was a spare one we had. He was so excited. 

 Macee had to sit with Grandma. Parker, Mason, Kennedy and Kinlie had a blast playing with the chickens, playing soccer and then watching a movie upstairs away from the stupid mosquitos

 Roasting marshmallows
 Koree and I
 Klint loved his smore


No comments: