Thursday, April 11, 2013

Day 102-A special day

Friday April 13, 2012
(look how young he looks!! Even though it was a year ago I cant believe how much hes changed in looks!)

This Friday night changed my life forever
It was a Friday full of great things!

Its RyBugs day of birth
The night I met Chris
The day that started a landslide I had no hope of getting out of

The second Chris walked through that door at the banquet I was instantly attracted to him
I couldnt help but flirt with him
I kept looking at him and trying not to blush
And I saw him sneaking peeks at me
..
..
Who ever this tall cowboy was who didnt stop moving
Who played with Kennedy
Who she INSTANTLY fell in love with
I was so wary of him when I first met him
I was SO sure he was fake
No guy is this good.. hes just talking to Kennedy so he can score points..Im sure this is all just a game
I tried so hard to see what he was about but play hard to get and keep my distance
I gave him the cold shoulder for quite a while
He fell hard and fast
I fought it tooth and nail
I kept giving him reasons he shouldn't be interested in me
Reasons he should find someone else
I kept telling myself it wasn't real
Hes just going to let me down and hurt me

As hard as I tried to fend him off.. the more he grew on me
I fell in love with his family from the second we met (officially)
He was wrapped around Kennedy's finger

Once I finally gave in I realized a few things
This is how its supposed to be...
This is what its supposed to feel like
I found all those things in us that I never had in other relationships
We kind of moved fast.. as far as him moving in.. getting engaged etc..
But it felt like I knew him forever
Our lives blended into each other so well and so easily it was crazy

One of the biggest things was my life balanced out
Stuff was crazy before
Everything kept going wrong in all aspects.. it was mayhem and confusion no matter what I tried
Him walking into my life calmed the seas unbelievably
Another thing was Kennedy.. she was having some serious emotional issues with all that had happened in the last year or so.. all the life changes
When Chris came around it calmed and mellowed her so much
She grew and changed so much
She fell in love with Chris and so did I

He has done nothing but change our lives for the better
Sometimes I still cant believe its real
I love him so much.. and so does Kennedy
He is so amazing to us
Treats us so well
and is such an incredible man

It was one year ago Friday night that my life changed forever...
That is why we chose April 13th to be married
Its our one year mark of meeting
I love you so much honey.. heres to many many many more April 13ths to come!

1 comment:

The Triplett Family said...

What beautiful notes about your man. So happy for you, congratulations! Best of luck tomorrow on your exciting day!