Friday, July 8, 2011

Pukin Pooker

On the night of the 4th we got home about 1130 pm and got ready for bed.
We were in bed a whole 5 seconds before she threw up ALL over my bed.

Thought maybe she'd just had too much fun..
Although I made sure she didn't get hot, wasn't in the sun too much, didn't eat too much candy, had enough to drink, ate enough food, had on bug spray  haha and about every other base covered..

She broke out into a high fever not long after. 103* 104*
Her poor heart rate skyrocketed again.
I woke up every 15 min to wash her down with a washcloth or check her fever
Poor kid couldn't keep down ANYTHING.
Medicine. Juice. Water. Diet Coke.

So all day on the 5th she had a high fever and had 4 cold baths.
Just as we were getting ready to go to the ER because her Dr couldn't get her in she finally kept down some medicine long enough for her fever to drop.

She still kept throwing up all day. We're talking like 15 times a day and she had no input.

The 6th she had no fever at all but still threw up all day and couldn't keep anything down.

I picked her up the morning of the 7th when I got off work and she said she was hungry so I took her for some breakfast. All she wanted was a McDonald's burger and diet coke.

She'd take a sip and it would come right back up.
I was getting so worried about her getting dehydrated we made a Dr's appointment.
This is her on the way in.
Poor baby
She kept telling me "mom I don't want to go to the Dr. You're my mom. You're supposed to take care of me! Its your job to make me feel better! I love you. Make me feel better!"
Talk about heartbreaking.
I told her I couldn't make her feel better that the Dr had to.

She had a small fever when we got there. I had to laugh when they weighed her.. Shes a whole 28 lbs! 3 1/2 and she weighs 28 lbs.

They did a urine sample to make sure she didn't have another kidney/bladder infection.
Came back clean!
Just super dehydrated.
So they gave us some zofran to calm her tummy
And then we had to do 1oz of juice every 5 min for about 5 cycles
If it stayed down we got to go home.
If it came up she had to get an iv
It stayed down! Woo!

Kennedy always says mom take our picture!
She wanted her picture take but couldn't smile
Headed home from the Dr's shes still pale but getting some fluids in her.
She slept all night.
Didn't throw up at all.
No more fever.

And this is today.
Just 24 hrs after going to the Dr's
Of course she got her Mcdonalds hamburger and drink!
What a long weekend of puking!
My laundry is so piled up because no matter what everything got covered.
We didn't leave the house for 3 days except to go to work and take her to her dads.
She had probably 3-4 baths a day. She's the cleanest kid around!
I'm out of groceries.
Sink full of dishes.
But she feels better!
I got to spend the weekend snuggling my sick little baby
I cant ask for anything more than that!

No comments: