Sunday, August 4, 2013

214- Pickles and BBQ

Thursday after we got Kennedys hair cut we stopped and got some pickling cukes, a whole big bushel worth
I let them soak over night and Friday made my first attempt at pickles
Chris spent they day playing outside cleaning up the yard and trimming the tree. We hung pictures and antlers in the house too.
I love him even if OSHA wouldnt
Im excited to see how these turn out
All the quarts are dill and the pints are spicy dill
And to be honest I made a big ol batch of brownies too because we were having a BBQ that night.
My cousin Sarah and her two girls (and their teamate) were in town for a Softball tournament in Kaysville. They live in Washington. My moms sister in law who is Sarahs mom, Marianne flew in from Ohio to watch the kids play. The games wrapped up on Thursday so Friday we invited everyone over to Mom and Dads to hang out
 My cousin Will, my Aunt Marianne, my Aunt Kathy and cousin KaJessa
 And whats a BBQ with out breaking out washers! These boys played all night long!
 Kennedy and her cousin Cooper (Will and KaJessas son)
Sarah has two girls Abbie and Grace. They thought it was a blast to go play on the four wheelers behind the house

And whats a BBQ with out Zack and Roy & Kathy
 There was SOOOO much food. I had to have a plate for the dinner and a plate for the dessert. I tried to get a little bit of everything but this isnt even half of what there was. It was so delicious. Burgers, hot dogs, homemade Italian brats, pasta salad, deviled eggs, baked zucchini with fresh Parmesan grated on top, chuck wagon beans, another pasta salad, banana cake, brownies, chocolate chip pumpkin bars, two fruit salads, elcair cake, fruit pretzel bake, and a whole bunch more stuff!!! I ate til I hurt. Then I ate some more
My parents had a house full!
Sarah, Aunt Marianne, Abbie, Grace, Will, KaJessa, Cooper, Aunt Kathy and Uncle Danny (Will is their son), Todd, Jana, Zack, my friend Kandace and her daughter Kennedy, Roy, Kathy, Phil, my Grandma and Grandpa Barton.. Sarah has a friend who she went to school with named Carrie and coincidentally my parents and Carrie are friends who met through East Canyon. They live close so we invited Carrie, her hubby and son up also. Carrie and my Kennedy are bffs lol! They were planning sleepovers and princess parties all night long.
JaNeale and Ash were in town and stopped by for a minute too. JaNeale had gone and got Kennedy a bunch of school clothes so she dropped those off to show K.

No comments: