Wednesday, August 28, 2013

239-Kindergarten!

Tuesday my little peanut started kindergarten!
She has been SO EXTREMELY excited to get to start. I let her pick out her outfit for the first day. Of course it had to be a skirt!!
She said to Grandma Chris: "Can you believe your 5 year old granddaughter weighs a whole 40 lbs! I feel like I'm a lot older. Like I'm 6 and starting 1st grade"
Her big deal of being older is always being 6.. not 10.. not 20.. just 6
Grandma asked Kennedy what she wanted to learn in kindergarten
Her reply was "to ride a horse all by myself"
She was disappointed to find out they dont teach that in school.
FINALLY it was time to go! We walked the half a block to the school.
I really wasn't feeling sad about her starting or growing up. I was excited. This is another big step and milestone for her in life. In all honesty I was almost a little sad that now for the next 13 years our lives will revolve around school schedules, homework and all that!

We stopped in at the city offices to visit with 'grandma' Teri. She was so excited to show her the outfit she was wearing and give her a hug. Teri was so cute she told Kennedy if there ever is an emergency she was there and she could come over to the city offices because it was a safe place and she would take care of her. Man you gotta love small town life! After that she was off to the races running as fast as she could to get to class.
We had to take a picture at the front doors! I debated about it but then realized its not that hard to figure out what school my kid goes to.. there is only one between Willard and Perry!
 I for some reason started to get a little choked up at this point!
Walking her down the halls was a little nostalgic. This is the SAME elementary school I went to.. its not been remodeled.. the hallways are the same.. the rooms are the same.. the bathrooms are in the same places. I was so happy to have her going there!
We found her classroom pretty easy
Met with her teacher and she sat down at her desk
By this point I was fighting tears! She put her backpack down and went to go play outside before the bell rang
and I headed home by myself
I made it until I got home before the tears started falling. I honestly have no idea WHY I was crying. I wasn't sad. I wasn't scared or worried. I wasn't all sad my baby's growing up. I was actually excited for her.. but yet the tears still started!
She LOVED the first day of school. She thinks shes SO grown up now. I walked over to pick her up and she didnt want to hold my hand on the way home. She didnt need to anymore she said. She wanted to walk with her friends (our neighbors) and talk to them about the first day of school.

No comments: