Monday, August 19, 2013

Book Cliffs

Mom, Dad and Phil headed for the Book Cliffs Thursday morning for the opening of archery deer Saturday. Mom had finally drawn out on her Book Cliffs tag and was so excited. Dad and Phil both bough archery spike tags for the area too. Saturday morning dad shot this nice spike
Now my mom has never shot a big buck before. In fact the only buck she has ever shot was a nice little 2 point with a rifle. The Book Cliffs are known for having BIG deer. She has been putting in for this tag for years. She also has never shot a buck with a bow before. So this hunt meant a lot to her and was a big deal! 

Sunday night Chris and I were laying in bed when my phone started ringing at 10pm. I saw it was my dad and my first thought was oh no somethings wrong! Its too late for them to be calling and my stomach flopped. I was waiting for someones hurt.. something happened..
I answered and heard from my mom "I just wanted to let you know I got my deer!! Its uploading on Facebook right now!" So Chris hurried and pulled up the picture while I was talking to her
Yay!! Yay!! Happy dance! She dropped this NICE 29 inch wide 3x5 at 64 yards with her bow! 
 Congrats mom its a great deer!

No comments: