Sunday, August 11, 2013

222- Crossfit and Demo Derby

Friday night Chris was still out at the State Line Fire. It was to just over 10, 000 acres by then
I ended up going out on a medical just after midnight Saturday morning. Then had to get up and meet Hailey and JP in North Ogden at the Ben Lomond Crossfit. Hailey talked me into going to a session with her. She loves it.. and I hate exercising so its a perfect match :)
This was the workout for the day..
 Oh my gosh it was a work out! The worst part was having to stop every 5 min no matter where you were at and go run 200m. I HATE RUNNING! But we rocked it out and were done in just  under 30 minutes so we only had to run 5 times thankfully!
Hailey, JP and I after the work out
After that I went home and died. Seriously. My legs were SO worn out. I had a hard time getting out of the car and when I got to my front door the ONE step to get inside I couldn't lift my legs to walk up. I debated sleeping on the lawn. 
I crawled into bed for an hour and then the pager went off again.. for the same lady as earlier.. the big highlight was I got an awesome sternum rub reaction. I made it home from that call just in time to hop in the shower and run off to work. Work was busy and crazy. I had to do a 6 hour shift of overtime. 
Chris and I had a date night planned but I wasnt sure if he was going to make it home or not. He said he would but I know how those fires go. After being at work for a while he text and said he was on his way home! Yay! We would make our date. I had bought him demolition derby tickets for the Weber County Fair a month or so before. He LOVES derbys and this one always sells out so I made sure to get tickets plenty early. We met at the fairgrounds, got a burger, walked around telling each other about our days and the day before. The seats were assigned this time with your tickets so it was perfect! We had pretty good seats on the west end!


 One of my friends from work, Chris, her son Corey was racing in this derby. We saw them sitting across the arena from us. He was in the X4 wagon. Right in the very beginning of his heat he took a good hit that took off his wheel and it was all over for him

After trying so hard Chris finally caught a tshirt. He was so close so many times!


 The derby was a really good one. They moved pretty fast between heats, the cars ran really well and long. There were some awesome hits. We didnt get home til midnight! I had to work the next morning at 6 and Chris had to meet at the station at 530 to go back out on the fire. It was really nice he was able to come home and keep our date night! It didnt hurt that one of the guys he rode out there with had to be back Sat night for a concert with his wife too :) It gave them a good excuse to get cleaned up and sleep in a bed

No comments: