Sunday, August 18, 2013

229- Home Improvements

Saturday we decided to tackle the mess out front
We havent been too sure on what we really want to do with it yet but thankfully Chris and I are on the same page when it comes to landscaping OUR house.. very minimal.. grass.. flat.. no flowers ha! 
I hated this flower/tree bed out front. It seemed to really just block the view of the house and it had lilacs, mulberry bush, milkweed, some trees and other random things in it. To me places like just give bugs and spiders places to play!
 So we started to tear it all out with Zacks tractor. Im so glad he lets it live at our house. It gets put to so much good use! Kennedy loves to ride on it too. It goes a whole 4 miles an hour I believe.
 Chris also got the irrigation system finished and all cleaned up. Doesnt it look so nice now! He even flattened out part of the backyard and cleaned up the fence line. The flowers and bushes arent on our property. Chris is working on convincing her to let him take them all out so we can one day put in a fence and its all clean on her end and ours.
 Making our burn pile in the backyard

 I pulled out ALL the flowers up front
I guess they were some hybrid liliac that bloomed all kinds of colors
Ya no.. They were a mess. The beds were SO full of snails it was ridiculous. I squished over 10 of them and threw them in the garbage.
Taking a drink break
We didnt exactly like the trees in front of the house but they did provide some shade and we didnt want to take them out even though we dont really like them. There were 6 total. 2 in a row. 2 in a row and 2 haphazardly planted in random places . So we took out the 2 random ones and left the other 4 that were somewhat in line

 Kennedy is the most filthy child ever
She has to have a bath every single night because she comes inside just brown
Her face is ALWAYS covered in dirt. I dont know how it happens. Honest to goodness we wash her face at least 3 times a day just to get the dirt off of it. You cant tell here but her legs, hands and arms are actually covered too. She found a baby snail. It was her pet for a minute until I made her throw it in the garbage
The semi finished project..
 I still need to tear out the rest of the bushes on the east side of the front of the house there.. its a maple tree, a burning bush and some more lilacs but they were SO rooted down we need to tear them out with the tractor
 That night as I was out cooking burgers on the grill the winds kicked up like crazy! This is all dust in the air blowing arcoss the mountain range
 Since we've been working so hard for progress sake I thought I'd share some picts of what we've done so far inside. 
That little hideaway space at the top of the stairs for now is Kennedys winter clothes area
And here is the princess/cowgirl/spy/half dragons room
Yes that is what she is
Dont believe me ask her and she will tell you


 And our living room 



 I was kind of worried when we first moved into our house that we would be cramped
I knew it was a smaller home but I cannot believe all the space we actually have! We are able to fit all we need with room to grow!

No comments: