Thursday, August 23, 2012

Food

And what kind of weekend blog post would it be if I didnt share some food!??
I did a lot of cooking!!!
I took pork chops and pan seared them
Put them in a pan with vidalia onions layered on the bottom
Then coated them in a apricot glaze
I took apricot jam, reduced it down in a pan, added a little cayenne pepper and lemon rum
Let it boil and then put it on top
I put them in the over at 275 to bake for two hours til they were nice and tender with a sweet glaze
Before I coated them in the pan I took a small container and filled it full of the sauce for dipping afterwards
I had never made this before so I wasnt sure how the glaze was going to turn out
Then for dessert I made from scratch an applesauce spice cake with cream cheese frosting

I made stuffed peppers too
Took chicken breasts, chopped and cooked them in lemon pepper
Steamed rice and added some colby jack cheese
Mixed together and stuffed the peppers
Baked til they were tender
Oh and how about some cilantro cream cheese scrambled eggs with a hint of garlic to go with the french toast and bacon
And I may have made more raspberry granola bars and no bake breakfast treats

I really am loving cooking so much more
All these lately besides the spice cake I've made with out a recipe
Just decided to start throwing things together
I have a few other things I want to make and I cant wait for some time to do it!

No comments: