Friday, August 3, 2012

Too fast and too smart

This little peanut here is growing up way too fast
I love seeing all the changes but at the same time I wish I could freeze time
She is getting too smart already
She knows her basic math
Addition and subtraction
She does really good with numbers under five
Like I give you three cookies and take away one cookie.. how many are left
or whats 4+2
She uses her fingers and has it down
Only took her a few days to learn that with some practice

We stopped into my work and I had her type on a keyboard
I didnt think she was able to recognize letters yet..
Like to actually pick them out
She typed her name
She typed Parkers name
She needed hardy any help
More reassurance than anything
I was floored that in a group of letters she was able to pick out the correct ones

So then Sarita showed her where the numbers were on the keypad
She recognized them too
I asked her whats one plus one
She says 
"is there a two on the keyboard?" 
and then she goes like this
"one plus one"
and types 1 1
its two
There are two numbers
Then she was able to type 12345 in order from the keypad on the right.. not across the top

I couldn't believe it
I just am so surprised sometimes at the things she picks up and how quickly she does
She starts preschool this year
We haven't practiced these things hardly at all besides the math and counting

Her vocabulary is far too advanced for her age and its scary
The connections between things that she grasps is crazy
She is so eager to learn
Always has to know everything about something
or how it works or why
And cannot wait to start school
Sometimes I have a hard time remembering that she is ONLY 4
Not older


If only it lasted 
Figured I better write this down now so when shes a teenager I can remember when she used to like it ha!

1 comment:

Joni said...

She is getting so big! Pretty and smart, just like her mama!