Sunday, December 16, 2012

Be a Girl Shoot

Saturday was the Be a Girl shoot
First line was at 9 am to shoot
We had the funeral right after so instead of what we were going to wear Kennedy and I wore funeral clothes
Todd and Jana didnt come to the shoot in the morning and Todd didnt dress up beacuse of that so we have to save his dress for next year!
Chris came in his fireman clothes for a minute to come support and then he had to leave
Everything was PINK!
It was SO CUTE!
I think it should always look like that

Cupcakes, charms, bracelets, tshirts and all kinds of stuff for sale
Grilled up burgers around noon to sell
They also had donation cans set out around the city
Sold raffle tickets and had some awesome prizes
My dad was so excited for this shoot
One thing about my dad is he is who he is
He isnt afraid to dress up and help support a good cause
He even shaved his mustache!!!!!!!!!!
Besides when I was born I have seen my dad with out a mustache ONCE my entire life
Doesnt he look so cute!??
He rocked those stilettos for over 12 hours!
Had acrylic nails, all blinged out with all kinds of jewelry, ordered fake boobs, fake eyelashes,  made his own jewelry too
Phil was so funny 
We talked to him on Thursday night and he was adamant no pictures
That didnt last long
He was showing off his pink fishnets and getting picts with all the girls
Jeff was so funny
He couldnt look at dad
He was too creeped out
So while Jeff was getting his picture taken Dad snuck up behind him and rubbed his shaved legs
Jeff about peed his pants
A group of guys came in kilts
They had a little boy who was maybe 2 and he wore one too
He was adorable!
Oh um.. Ive been keeping a secret from you all..
About 2 months ago dad talked me into shooting a bow
and Ive kind of been hooked since
I finally caved and have loved it!!!
This was my VERY FIRST shoot ever!

I was so glad I got to shoot next to cute Julisa
She's so fun it made it less scary


Dad and Erin





There were also balloons you could shoot on the side of the targets
They were a dollar a balloon
Inside half of them were papers for prizes
Other half was sorry try again
I shot 5 balloons and they were all try again


The shoot did great!
It was such a hit!!!!!
First of its kind ever and its going to be a yearly tradition
There were donated dresses there for those who didnt bring one and we saved them for next years shoot
However Dad sat the bar a little high for next year
So many of the men and wives that were there were planning next years outfits to be more like dads ha!

After the funeral Todd, Jana, Chris and I went back to the shoot as it was wrapping up to support, help clean up and buy raffle tickets
We won some great prizes!
I now own my very own and very first arrows


Three of my most favorite uh... men.. ever!
(dad had to change into his OTHER heels by this point because after 12 hours he had blisters the size of his baby toe on his feet.. although he said he did understand why we always lost our keys. Between the hair, shoes and boobs we had way too much going on and to remember ha!)
A good chunk of money was raised for the Susan G Komen foundation
Come out and support us next year!!
Also the shirts are for sale if ANYONE wants to buy any to support
$10 kids shirts and $15 for adults


No comments: