Sunday, September 1, 2013

243-More Jelly and Salsa

Saturday morning as we were just getting out of the shower I got a phone call from my dad
"Help! I have a jelly 911!!!"
They have a grape vine out back full of grapes so he decided to make some juice with them... and after a night of it being in the juicer he decided to make jelly.... 22 QUARTS of jelly!!
So he called me to come over and help him can

When I got there he handed me a camo gobblet of pure grape juice.
Ya thats how we do it.. camo gobblets...
I really dont like grape juice at all and not a big fan of grape jelly but the juice actually tasted really good. The grapes were nice and sweet. There was no added sugar or anything to it. Just 100% juice
So then we started stirring and boiling and stirring and scraping the foam off
We filled all the jars inside and Dad had his 3 burner camp chef going outside to process them in
It was so much nicer doing that outside!

The finished product.. there are 85 jars there...

Then he says hey... while youre here.. wanna help me make some salsa???
Sure
 Mom and Kennedy supervised

No comments: