Sunday, September 15, 2013

257- Shopping and Outlaw

Early Friday morning started out with Chris and his Dad going up to the cabin. They wanted to scout deer and do some work up there. JaNeale, Kennedy and I went shopping for the day. First place she wanted to take us was this outlet store. It was pretty awesome! 
She bought Kennedy these cute shoes and a pair of jeans. She found some awesome boots there too. Kennedy is such a little shopper! Shes putting outfits together and every single store we went too all the ladies were commenting on how cute she is and sweet she is.
Chris and his Dad sent me this picture. Jerkstores! They were grouse hunting and searching for deer

Oh my gosh! I had never been there before. There were SO MANY stores!!
 Kennedy got a few pairs of jeans and some long sleeved shirts at Osh Kosh. I love that store. Plus it didnt hurt that she grows like a freaking weed and has outgrown all her clothes.. again.. 
We stopped for a snack from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. I had never eaten there or had their caramel apples..Kennedy got a marshmallow covered in chocolate and sprinkles
We each got candy apples
JaNeale got caramel
I got an english toffee one!
 Next we went over to Cabelas. After all those fancy stores I was feeling a little out of place! Walking into camo land cured that! I cant help it. No matter what Im a country girl.. We have been looking at getting Kennedy a pair of waders for the next while. Only thing is the smallest they make them is in a kids 3..trust me Ive searched high and low online.. which is still huge in the feet for her but she will be wearing thick socks.. the most important part was to see how the legs,chest fit. The feet weren't too horrible.. they were big but manageable. She looked so cute in them! We now know for the upcoming future!  She was kind of excited
After finding a few things.. one being one of Chris's bday presents at a KILLER DEAL we stopped for lunch there. We both got the pulled pork sandwiches! 
 We looked at the fishes and headed off to go pay
 We stopped back at JaNeales house.. made a short stop at Costco and then we were headed home. We go to JaNeales house at 10 am and headed back home just after 4:30. It was a full day of shopping! Miss K was worn out! She crashed in the car.
When we hit South Willard it started raining hard. By the time we hit the Willard line it was a MONSOON!
 These pictures do it no justice at all.. Dont worry we were only going 20 mph here! There was a good inch of rain on the roadways. Cars were spraying up water like crazy. We are a couple of blocks from our house here. I told Chris its a monsoon! He said where!?? I said outside duh! I thought he was being a smartass. He said its not raining here.. I got to a block from our house and it was hardly sprinkling! There seriously was a line and the rain just STOPPED there. I got home and hurried and ran Kennedy inside. I was sure the water was going to just dump on us. NOTHING. I was so shocked. It was a complete DOWNPOUR and we had NOTHING a block away.
 As soon as Kennedy and I got home it was time to get read to go out. My Aunt (my dads step sister)s friends band was playing at the Outlaw and we all said we would go down to support. Chris hurried and showered. I was almost ready.. our baby sitter was almost there.. and the pager goes off for a rollover.. He was out the door before you could blink. At least it gave me time to finish my hair ha! He came back and we headed down to dinner. We still had Texas Roadhouse gift cards from getting married and decided finally to use them. Todd and Jana met us down there. 
It was Homecoming night. There were High School age girls all around dressed up. Chris was making me laugh so hard. A girl would walk past the table and be in a little short halter top dress thats all poofy and formal. He was appauled. 
"I cant believe her dad let her out of the house like that!"
Another one would walk past and he'd say 
"Our daughters wearing something like that"
"thats too short! It needs to be longer!"
"Kennedy is wearing something that goes down to the floor and covers her arms.. and it will have a chain and lock around it that only I can unlock.. if she needs to pee she can call me and I'll lock it and unlock it" 
"I know what boys are like and how they think! They only think about one thing!"
I was dying by this point.. Its so funny how daughters change men!

Then we headed off to the Outlaw. The band started playing at 9 but everyone was meeting there around 8-830
 By everyone I mean Dad, Mom, Jana and Todd. Aunt Tami was already there with the band and saved us a table next to them.
My mom started dancing in her chair.. and then she was twerking.. My dad says to me I bring her out and next think I know shes twerking! Who can say they go to the bar with their parents and have FUN!
 We listened to them for a while. Todd and Jana danced some. Dad and Mom danced some.

 Aunt Tami is the one in the middle in the white shirt and the other 2 girls are with the band guys too
Dad and Aunt Tami out dancing
See the man in the stripped shirt behind dad
He was out there bustin a move
Most guys wear gold chains to the club.. he was rockin his LifeAlert Necklace. Thats when you know youre hard core!
 The band. 
They play country and go by Dirt Road Devils
They play 80s rock also and go by Hard Rockin Johnsons
We left by 1030. Big party animals. I had to work the next morning and almost all of us were tired! Chris and I decided on the way home we are old. We both use to go out to the bar a lot (single days before each other) Now we went there and it was like... what are we doing here?? We'd rather be at home lol! We both said when did it become not fun?? Dont get me wrong it was a fun night and nice to go see my Aunt and hang out. We had fun.. but its not like it used to be.. or wait..are we not like we used to be!??


No comments: