Sunday, September 15, 2013

255-Softball

Thursday Kennedy started a new kindergarten class. They had so many kids they created another morning class and were taking some kids from morning and some kids from afternoon and putting them into a new morning class. She got to go to her old class Monday Tuesday and Wednesday in afternoon and then started early Thursday morning in her new one. It was like the first day of school all over again! I walked her into her class and she found her new desk. Some of the kids were upset and crying. Kennedy was like lets get this show going!
While she was gone I tried a new recipe of banana bread. I was out of eggs so I looked up an eggless recipe. It said you could use milk as a substitute or soy milk.. I had some vanilla almond milk in the fridge and thought I'd try that.
 It tasted pretty good but would not harden up and dry out some in the middle. It kept a consistency of like mushy bananas and never took that cooked bread hardness. We tried some of the end pieces where it was a little thicker and microwaved it. The bread was cooked and it wasnt raw.. it just was weird
We went with mom to pick up Kinlie from school. She saw us all in the car and said Oh my heck what are you guys doing here! She was pretty excited
 Zack stopped by as we were headed out the door to go to softball. I traded him a jar of homeade blackberry jam, a package of brats and a package of summer sausage for one of his aunts homeade cinnamon rolls. She is an amazing baker! AND PS the brats were amazing! I cooked them on the grill Thursday night for dinner. I cant wait to make more!
We started fall softball league. This was our first night. I was a little nervous. Havent played in a long time and we were first up to bat.. and I was first out to bat!! It started off pretty well. We decided our team name is Easy Out. We had a heck of a time coming up with something. Our team is mostly the same as who played on Fall league last year with just a few changes.
Chris up to bat
 slam!
 Me and Eck

 Chris gets a little excited when it comes to softball. He loves it. He was out there screaming and yelling (nicely) and it cracks me up. He takes it so seriously. He gets mad because when Im running bases I watch the ball so one it doesnt hit me and two I know if I need to run faster or slide. Now I do it just to bug him :)
He likes to play first base coach. His rule for first base.. RUN. Rule for 2nd base.. if its in the air or on the ground run.. Really ha! You have to bat girl boy girl boy. The girls hated batting after him because of his long ol legs. He would start rounding the bases and hollering at the girls in front of him to run faster. They'd be laughing so hard it made it tough to run
Eck slamming one out.

 The skies were CRAZY!! They went from dark to darker to on fire to darkest. There was a bad thunder and lightening storm in the valley right above us. Somehow it didnt get us! We got a tiny sprinkle of rain and that was it. Fall league is 2 games a night. We played at 7 and at 9 and neither game was bad weather!



Our first game we won 19-1
The next game we played an hour later we played the same team again. We won 20-2

No comments: