Monday, September 23, 2013

264- Browning

Early Saturday morning.. at like you know 9 in the morning!! Elysha and the kids stopped in. We were just getting up after getting home around midnight. I was still in bed and Miss Macee came to snuggle with me. She was so happy. She layed on the bed and giggled and smiled. When Chris is around she gets all giggly and just stares at him. He started talking to her and she tried so hard to talk back. Elysha and I were cracking up
Chris and I spent the day together. We didnt have Kennedy which was so strange to me. I woke up 3 times during the night to get up and check on her. I kept remembering she wasnt there and it wasnt sinking in. We had a lunch/breakfast date at Moores in Perry. Finished up a few things and got ready to go with our friends trap shooting at Browning Corporate in Mountain Green. My other brother from another mothers wife called. He had gotten his limited entry elk in the Millville unit (hardware ranch area) He was just getting into town so we asked if he needed help hanging it in the cooler and he did. We went down and helped him load the quarters into the cooler and checked out his rack. It was pretty nice! Good job Kyle!
After that we headed to Browning. Once a week roughly a bunch of them get together and go shoot clays. We never have been able to go before this. Shalon works at Browning and is in the legal department. She is awesome besides her fun hookups! There was a large group! The normal people were there, plus us, plus she invited Zack who brought his brother and she let us invite Todd and Jana. The good part though is everyone staggered in at different times so it worked well. First group up was Jared, MarDee, Tina, Brandon and Zeb (Zacks brother)
 Todd, Jana, Ryan, Shalon and Zack
 This was pretty much Janas 3rd time ever shooting a shotgun and 2nd time shooting trap. She rocked a 10 out of 25 with her new gun!
 Shalon had a few guns out from Brownings gun locker.. I first shot a Citori 625. Citoris are my absolute favorite ever dream gun. I LOVE THEM. The 625 is a lighter weight shorter barrel. It was heaven. 
 The next round I shot the Citori Lightening which is a little longer and a little heavier.. normally I dont like that but the gun fit me so well it was hard to not like it!
 Everyone shot a few rounds. Each round is 25 birds and each 25 birds you shot was $2 to pay for the cost of the birds.. Seriously! $2! Thats such a deal! Most trap clubs you go to you are paying at least $6 a round.  When you shoot trap the birds fly out of the trap house (that little cement box above) They go to the left right or straight at different angles but they are flying away from you. You can see different numbers marked on the ground with lines. Those are yardage lines. We were shooting at 16 yards which is normal. So when the bird first flies out the closest you get to it is there and it sails further out as it goes. 
When you shoot skeet.. which is what the next pictures are..
The birds come out of those tall brick buildings you see them standing by. One on each end. They one bird each for  a total of two. One bird is flying away from you and one is flying towards you. You have to hit them both and they come out at the same time. Each spot you stand is marked with a white dot. There are 8 stations and each place
Zack
 Zeb
 Chris
 Zeb
 Zack
 Chris
 Todd
 Todd shooting at station 8. The hardest one
 After that they did an Annie Oakley shoot.. how that works is you stand back at the furthest line..27 yards. A clay comes up. The first person shoots at it. If they miss the next person shoots and it goes down the line til the bird falls. Everyone is shooting at the same bird but cant shoot at the same time. It has to be one at a time and in order. If the first person misses the bird and the second person shoots it the first person is out. Now if the first person shoots the bird the second person can shoot a piece that comes off it and the third person can shoot a piece too. If both people hit the piece they are safe and that takes their turn. If they miss and no one further down the line from them hits it they are safe.. Clear as mud! Last shooter standing is the winner! Its so fast paced! 
 Chris lives for this game ha! He ended up winning both rounds they played. The second round was down to him and Shalon
 After shooting we went to Carlos and Harleys for dinner. EVERYONE went. All 13 of us. 
Then to top off the night EVERYONE minus me went to Zacks house for a bonfire. By the time we got home from dinner it was 1030 and I had to work at 6 am the next morning. I was the party pooper and went home to bed. Next thing I know about 1130 I had just fallen asleep and heard Chris unlocking the door.. or so I thought it was Chris! I said you're home already honey?! MarDee says yes we are and her and Shalon jump on me on the bed! They stayed and visited for a while.. raided the liquor cabinet and pop fridge and were gone. I guess everyone was down at Zacks til 3am! 

2 comments:

The Triplett Family said...

I love it when you explain stuff I have no idea about, thanks! :)

Unknown said...

haha thank you!! I try because I know a lot of people read it and think what the heck is she talking about!??