Sunday, November 10, 2013

311- New strings

Thursday morning I had an appointment to get the string changed on my bow. My dads friend has been making string and selling them at a pretty decent price.. I needed a new one so I thought what the heck lets do it! I ordered a black and purple one. My mom gave me new arrows for my birthday that are black and purple so I started changing my colors over. My appointment was at the local bow shop.. aka my dads house lol! I had never saw a string changing process before.. It was actually quite involved! He put the bow on the press which compresses it to loosen the strings.

 The bow all finished
 We adjusted a few things and got it all tuned. 
 Later that afternoon Zack called and said he was going to borrow Chris's truck because he needed to take the boat to Layton and wanted to know if I'd help him down at the storage sheds. Sure, Kennedy and I werent really doing anything. He came and got Chris's truck and we headed down to get the boat. We had to rearrange a few things in the shed and then pull the boat out with the wheeler because its such a short turn it would have taken a couple point turns with Chris's truck. 
 I got back in the truck where K was waiting and my phone was gone. I asked her where it went. She said " I've got it. Im Facebooking. Im watching a video of two bucks fighting in the street.. WHAT!?? Am I not old enough to be Facebooking!??" I was so shocked I didnt know what to say and couldnt stop laughing... then she found Pinterest and had a blast with that. She started texting Chris next. Then I found 1200 pictures of her eyes and her face.
 After that we came home and I finished making dinner (I had a roast in the crock pot all day) Zack stayed for dinner with us and then him and Chris started messing with fire place parts
 Kennedy and I went with my mom to the archery range while Chris fixed his duck boat. I needed to adjust the sights on my bow now that we had the new strings on there and I was shooting different arrows. Miss Peanut was so tired on the way home!

No comments: