Sunday, November 24, 2013

326-Fridays Adventure

Friday morning Kennedy had a Parents and Pastries day at school. Parents/cousins/grandparents etc could come with them before school, read books with them and have donuts. She wanted Grandma Jana to go. She just happened to be off that Friday. We got up early, which she cried about, got her ready for school and she cried over her outfit because she had to leave her hoodie on during the day. I told her she couldnt take it off and wear just a t shirt. Grandma picked her up and off they went. I went back to bed. I was tired. I figured I would sleep til about 930 or so. I never sleep in because there is always something I have to do. .. next thing I know I wake up at 11:10 and I have to pick up Kennedy at 11:20.

Since Dad was gone Kennedy felt it was her responsibility to assume his role in the house. First off she took over his smartassness...wholly cow. She wasnt mean or mouthy.. just had a smartass remark for everything. It was like Chris wasnt gone. She also cried over everything. And she wanted to assume the roll of fire fighter. She wore his pager for the adventures on Friday.
She also found it necessary to change her jacket and shoes once she got home. 
She wants to be a fire fighter (I mean surprise there lol!) 
 We were going to pick Grandma Jana up for lunch and go to the Old Grist Mill. Kennedys FAVORITE place. As we were leaving I noticed the dogs didnt poke their heads out. I went to look into the kennel and they were gone. Sigh. Of course. Chris is gone. Bailey loves to go hunting but she is gun shy. Weird I know. So if Chris leaves in the truck and doesnt take her it pisses her off and she tears apart the wire in the kennel. Well he took his truck Thursday night to go to Montana and didnt take her. She tore apart the wire and made a hole big enough for her and Tank to get out of. I found them up by the highway and took them home.  Normally if they are out they dont leave the yard at all. But if Bailey thinks Chris is hunting with out her she takes off. They got to stay in a crate for a while for running away while we went to lunch.

Little miss Kennedy at lunch informed us she loves her family and wants to be like us all when she grows up. I asked what that meant. She said "Well I want to be like you and wear camo even when I just didnt get back from hunting (I had a camo jacket on) I want to be like daddy and duck hunt a lot. I want to be like Grandpa Todd and Grandpa Corey and be a fire fighter. I want to be like you Grandma Jana and just sit and read books all day. And I want to be like Grandma Chris and buy a lot of TV dinners. Ouch.. from the mouth of babes...

When we got back from lunch and little running around town I went to fix their kennel. Of course Chris has the tie wire in his truck and the tie downs and about everything else I would need to fix it.. So it got the redneck fix while he was gone and I tied it back with rope.
They better not think about escaping again.
 My mom came down for dinner and I learned something interesting. Macee has this thing called a lip tie. I had never ever heard of it before. But basically the flap that connects your gums and lip at the top of your mouth is extended down to the bottom of the gums. It causes her to be a loud feeder, a gassy baby because of how the lip works and have issues breast feeding. She said if it goes untreated it causes the front teeth to gap and can cause a lisp. Its genetic and she told me to check Kennedys mouth. 
See here is Macees. The piece of skin goes all the way down to the gums and you can see how it attaches. 
Well I checked Kennedys and sure enough!! She has one. She always has been very lispy and I thought it was just her. She talks clearer at some times but mostly shes a little dutch. Her pediatrician always told me she would probably need speech therapy in school to correct it. But not once did anyone look at her gums to see if that's the issue??!? WHICH apparently is SUPER common. They just clip it and life goes on as normal. Especially if they are babies then it doesn't affect how their teeth come in and their speech. Its not as clear in this picture but it comes clear down to the split in her teeth.. which causes the split. Kennedy also was a very gassy baby, she did not nurse and ate just like Macee sounds. Its a very loud eating.. it always reminds me of a snorty pig. Its all because the lip doesnt move how it should. Thank you GOOGLE!
 For dessert that night I tried pull apart cinnamon bread. Its so hard. You take a can of rolls. Cut the rolls into fourths. Dip the pieces in butter. Roll in brown sugar and put in the crock pot for two hours. 
 Kinlie had a sleep over. They played fairys and dress up. Watched movies and giggled until 1130 that night.

No comments: