Monday, May 11, 2015

Family pictures, chicks and EMT test

This week was study study study! I had my state written EMT test on Friday. 
 Sunday while we were waiting to go do family pictures Kennedy HAD to watch Nascar.. I blame Grandpa Steve... She sat and cheered for their 88 car Mr Jr. Kennedy kept us updated each lap what place he was in 
We had family pictures Sunday afternoon with Janas whole side of the family. So Roy, Kathy and their kids. Our colors were pink and black. Sarah found the cutest place in Mantua to take them. I cant wait to see when we get them back. Grandpa was just sitting with the kids while some of the other family was getting their pictures done so we had to snap a pict really quick. 
After pictures the ENTIRE group went to Texas Roadhouse in Ogden to eat. Kennedy had to talk to Grandpa Steve on the way back home to let him know that Jr won.
Tuesday afternoon I was able to run out turkey hunting for just a few minutes. The season opened on Monday. I didnt go far and wasnt getting anything calling back.
 I love this feeling! The weather was warm enough for toes in the grass while I was watering my flowers one night

I got my new Red Card for the season even though its not actually red anymore. We're ready for fire season now! My bags packed, my over night bags ready and have my new card.
 We have been getting the camper ready this week. It came with a some archery stickers on the back window but I took off one and had to add a PSE and Bow snob sticker. Its a must.
 Our little chicks are somewhere between 3-4 weeks. They are growing LIKE CRAZY. Suckers are huge. They are eating an entire 50 lb bag of food in about 3 days. We finally had to separate them out into both sides of the coop to give them enough room. They really dont do anything but sleep and eat.
 They grow so fast and are starting to get adult feathers that they look spotty and naked. They arent cute chicks by any means!

I made sure my broadheads were nice and sighted in. I didnt need to change a thing!

 I made a delicious dinner the other night and made a homemade sauce. I was really impressed with the sauce. I just pan fried up some chicken breasts, cooked spaghetti noodles and added the sauce on top.
I took 
1 can cream of mushroom in a skillet. Poured in milk and thinned it out. Sliced a few whole mushrooms and put them in the skillet too. A few dashes of Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 a can of beer, 1 TBS of butter and some black pepper. I let it simmer until it started to thicken again and added 1/4 cup shredded mozzerella. It was so good!
Friday morning  I went and took my EMT test. It was at Briderland in Logan. Its a computerized multiple choice test. 101 questions and you need 70% to pass. You have 2 hours to do the test. I finished in 20 minutes. I took another 5 minutes and reread through all my questions to see if I needed to change anything. Moment of truth came and I hit submit. The pass/fail results are immediately emailed. The score will show up in the mail sometime in the next few weeks


No comments: