Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Memorial Weekend

Friday morning I had a hair appointment in Tremonton. Actually I was crashing Janas hair appointment. We go to the same girl and the only time she could get me in for a cut in the next few weeks was in the middle of Janas coloring while it was setting. I dropped K off at school and headed out to Tremonton to see Liz and her new house. They've lived there for a few months but our schedules just hadn't worked out that we could visit. While I was there I got this text...
Her house is adorable and so is their baby horse. 
Klinton is so cute. He had to show me his weed whacker, his motor, his gun
 and of course his fire helmet and chainsaw!
From there it was to the best hair girl ever. I took off about an inch and added a ton of layers. I waited for Jana to finish and we went to Golden Spike Burger for lunch.
Todd was hired as a Fire Warden for Box Elder County. He got the job Thursday afternoon and a brush truck to stay at his house. Him and Chris spent the weekend cleaning and organizing it and making it how he wanted. I sat in the shop and supervised.
 Saturday morning Todd Jana Chris and I went to Larrys Spring Chicken Inn for breakfast in Morgan and then to Browning for their Memorial Day sale. Mom and Dad met us at Browning. We found some good deals! Todd and Jana got me a new pair of hunting boots for my birthday. I love them! Theyre so light weight and comfortable. Ive worn them twice already and they definitely are waterproof!



 Saturday night we did 'Sunday dinner.' My dad smoked ribs, chicken wings and bacon wrapped pineapple stuffed with ribs. We had baked beans, pasta salad and dutch oven strawberry short cake and dutch oven chocolate cherry cobbler. 
Macee knew good food was coming and she was ready to eat!
Mom and Dad gave me this awesome painting on tin they found. I love it! We hung it in the living room already.
Sunday morning Todd and I went turkey hunting. We had some far across a lake from us and no way to get to them. We tried another spot and didnt find anything. We had a good morning hike though to work off some of those ribs!
 Kennedy spent Friday and Saturday night with her dad.. her first overnight with him in over a year. It was so weird not having her there! I bought her a new shirt at Browning and a new coloring book and crayons and had them waiting on the stairs for her when she got home Sunday morning.
When we got back from hunting Chris had put my 4th of July chair out on the porch. He said since it was Memorial Weekend we needed some patriotic decorations. I love him!
 Since Kennedy got back Sunday morning she hasnt left my side. She has been soooo mom clingy. I cant take two steps with out her under my feet. We cuddled on Grandma Janas couch while Chris and Todd worked on the fire truck some more. One point I woke up and she and Radar were laying on top of me. She kept pulling the covers back to kiss my cheeks. It was so sweet. I think she missed her momma.
 She baked a cake for dinner that night.
  It was just for dinner but then they decided they needed to fill it full of candles...
 and yes Kennedy counted out 30 stinking candles and put it on the cake. The next best thing about putting on 30 candles is getting to lick the frosting off all 30 as you take them off! 
 Monday was my actual birthday. It was fabulous we slept in til 8. Kennedy made me breakfast and hid two cards/presents in the living room for me to find.  
Chris was so proud of himself for picking me out this card. He knew how bad I didnt want to turn 30. It didnt help that my hair girl had to inform me she found a few 'grey sparkles' as she called them. I knew I had one or two poking through!

 They got me this sweet range finder. It has an archery option where it will adjust to angles for you. So if its 30 yards but on a steep incline it will adjust the yardage for what you need to shoot it at. I cant wait to try it out!
 Kennedy begged Chris to take off her training wheels... that was an adventure in its own. She was really struggling with the keep peddling and balance part lol. She insisted it was easier to learn to ride in the grass so finally we said fine go ride in the backyard ha!


No comments: