Sunday, May 3, 2015

Platform, Janas Bday, Guns here, Waste fire, ripping carpet, doing concrete and planting flowers

Chris has been hard at work building a platform on the duck boat. It looks pretty good! It will be perfect for carp hunting too

 Sunday night for family dinner we celebrated Janas bday.
 Of course she had to endure the Happy Birthday Song
 Chris bought Kennedy a new pair of shoes and some new socks. She was ecstatic. Thats all she talked about all weekend long! She couldnt wait to wear them to school on Monday.
Tuesday afternoon we headed to Sandy.
This is always how it is in the car.. Im driving and Chris is sleeping the whole way. We went to go sign papers. The old house.. as in before Chris house has FINALLY sold and I had to go sign the selling paperwork. I am free and clear! It only took 4 years but hey its hopefully done now! 

Tuesday night for drill we went around and mapped hydrants. Taylor and I were in the new to us Ladder truck
 We had a piggy little chick somehow get into the feeder. It was a lot harder to get him out than you'd think! These things have already gotten huge and its only been a week.
 I picked up my new gun on Wednesday :)
 Kennedy was so excited about it she couldnt stay awake from Smith and Edwards to home!
 Here she is
 We have the best bug sprayer guy ever! Not only does he do a great job but he also brings Kennedy treats anytime he sees her. 
 I earned the best mom ever award this week by bringing her home a California roll. This kid loves them.
 They had to color ducks for school. She said most kids made theirs cute and yellow. She made hers a mallard
 I tried a new chicken enchilada recipe from Your Sister Circle  and they were pretty good. Kennedy loved them.
 After enchiladas it was time for a walk! Kennedy was on her bike and is at the stage where she has to race to each stop sign and wait for us instead of riding with us. Rue loved getting out and going for a walk!
 We went into Perry Ice for the first ice of the year. I tried Blue Raspberry Pina Colada. It was really good especially with a little Malibu Rum in it!
 Thursday night Willard was paged to help Brigham with a fire at the old Green Waste facility. A big pile had caught on fire. Chris and I were both able to go since my mom came down and sat with Kennedy
Husband and wife team
 This picture makes me laugh.. he was yelling at me to go to the right.....um.... lol!
He cant keep his left and rights correct ever!
Friday while Kennedy was at school Chris was mowing lawns. I went with him into Grandma and Grandpas since I needed to stop at the store. When we got there Grandpa was starting to rip the carpet off the back patio. They had a carpet guy coming to measure it that afternoon. Chris mowed their lawn and we helped them rip all the carpet off. 
It wasnt too bad except the back stairs. I swear there were 300 staples in each stair!
 From there we went to 5th west rental, got concrete tools, went to the bank, went to Walmart. I wanted flowers for the front porch boots. Jana met us at Walmart and stole me. Her and I went clothes shopping for upcoming family pictures and ate at the new Costa Vida in Brigham. We picked up Kennedy, she wanted to go with Dad and didnt want to stay with us so we dropped her off to him and went and planned family picture spots. Then it was back home where I planted my boots and wildflowers in the front beds

Then I went over to meet Chris and Kennedy. They were at Tammy and Steves house (Taylors parents) where they had been laying a concrete pad out back. They were a lot further than I expected.
 Tammy ordered pizza for everyone helping. Miss K asked her to borrow and apron and played waitress. She took down orders and dished up plates.
 She even earned like $4 in tips!
The pad looks great and was done so fast!

Saturday evening this is how it looked at our house. Chris splitting wood that Todd and Jana helped us cut. Kennedy playing and me getting ready to til the garden.


 We split a BUNCH of wood. Our shed is half full and we havent even made a wood run yet. This is all just free stuff people have been getting rid of.
 The sunset was amazing too!

No comments: