Tuesday, December 3, 2013

336- Shooting Fire

Monday night when I got home from work Chris had dinner waiting for me. He was in a hurry. Hurry and eat. We will hurry and go shoot. Hurry and run a few errands. Hurry home to bed. He wanted to rush rush rush because he HAD to be in bed by 9pm according to him. I finally got out of him WHY. I thought maybe he was just tired. Well with the incoming snow storm (alleged storm I should say) he was sure he was going to get called out to plow by 3am so he wanted to try and get some sleep. So we hurried and ate. Hurried to the archery range and shot. I did so much better tonight than last week. Im finally starting to relax again and find my way back to my groove. I was shooting some really good groups.
 My ending patter was way more contained than last week. I shot a 239 last time.. and a 256 this week woo!
 As we were leaving the archery range Elysha was at work at the hospital and of course they had the scanner going. She called and said Brigham had a structure fire and wanted to know if Willard was paged to help yet. We said nope and went to finish our "hurrying" after shooting. We made it to the first place when they paged out Willard.. and we were in Brigham. DANG! I hurried and called Todd to see if he was going. He was so I told him to grab Chris's turnout gear and we would meet them at the fire. Mom called them asking if I wanted to go on the fire and she would come take Kennedy. Which would have worked great if we were in Willard but we werent. Todd grabbed Chris's gear. He was in the passenger seat of the engine. My dad was driving. So now my dad, Chris and Todd are all on the fire. We told Todd where we were parked and arrived there a minute or two before the engine. We were parked about 570 n 100 e. The smoke was so thick. Mom told me to stop by her house after I dropped off Chris, but wasnt allowed too unless I brought her pictures :) The fire is west of this picture

 Kennedy thought it was pretty neat
 Here comes Willards Engine 51. Thats Chris in the light

 Hes jumped in by this point and they are speeding to the call 
 E51
 I just love the lights in these pictures!

For all that hurrying to get to bed he didnt get home until after 11pm. He set his alarm for 3am just to double check and make sure we weren't covered in snow. We weren't. The major snow storm they predicted never hit us at all last night. Boo

No comments: