Sunday, December 22, 2013

353- Snow Day

Thursday was another big snow day. Chris got called into go plow at 0300 that morning. I signed up to work some overtime a few weeks ago and was kicking myself that it had to be on a horrible snow day. It wasnt just snow.. it was cold wet slushy snow that froze. I stopped for my supplies on the way. Gotta have some diet coke and chocolate to make it!
 We were so busy! In a 3 hour time period we handled about 230 calls. We had 12 people here and probably 5 of them werent answering phones because they were on radios.. so that many calls for the remaining!

I had promised Kennedy a girls date earlier that week too... before the snow day. Parker bought her this PRINCESS Santa hat and she is in love with it. She apparently wore it to school. When I picked her up we headed to Yogurt Factory (her choice) to get some grasshopper ice creams and pizza pockets.
 Also my dad made the paper TWICE that week
Here he is on his very last city council meeting
and him out on a fatal auto ped
That night Chris got home around 5:00. Ya he left at 0300 that morning and didnt stop plowing until then. Kennedy was exhausted so she went to bed after dinner too. Both Chris and Kennedy were asleep by 8pm. That left me wide awake and alone lol! So I poured some egg nog and watched SNL Christmas.  I made myself stay up til 9pm just out of principal and then went to bed!

No comments: