Wednesday, December 25, 2013

358-Christmas Eve

 Christmas Eve I had to work for a few hours. When I was off work Mom, Dad, Kennedy and I headed to Bountiful to go see my 97 year old Great Grandma Barton who is taking a turn for the worse. She fell and broke her hip the other day and has some internal bleeding and is on hospice now. She wasn't doing well so we went to visit. She has said shes ready to go. Shes just waiting for them to come and get her. We were explaining it all to Kennedy that we were going to see her because she is dying but we dont really want to say that too her. She knows she is but we are going to visit her because we love her. Kennedy was trying to process it all and said "So I cant tell her have fun in heaven??"
We went in and visited with her for a while. She talked with us for a little bit. My Great Aunt Tammy (Great Grandmas Daughter aka my dads Aunt) and her husband were there. This is my Dads Grandma. My Great Grandma. Kennedy's Great Great Grandma. Follow now lol!
We stayed for a little bit but said our goodbyes and left. We were making her tired.
Chris was home from work and over at his parents so we stopped in there for pizza. We made them open their Christmas presents that night..one because I was so excited and two to spread out the Christmas over load that was coming the next day!
Kennedy was SUPER excited to go home early and get to bed. She kept telling me she needed to get to bed so Santa could come. Box Elder dispatch kept doing ATLS over the radio for a reckless driver or a burglar.. driving a sleigh with 8 reindeer, a fat man wearing a red suit and white beard. Kennedy LOVED it. He kept getting close and closer. We would catch her sneaking over to look out the windows to see if she could see him. She very much has the magic of Christmas alive in her eyes. Its so sweet I love it.
We cheated. My mom made cookies not too long ago and brought us some. Between going to see my Grandma and all the junk food we had in our house I didnt see the need to make MORE treats. So we put out some of the cookies my Mom made for Santa instead and some egg nog. She wrote him a note that said 
"Merry Christmas Love Kennedy HoHoHo"

Taylor came to visit. We all (minus Kennedy who was singing herself to sleep with Christmas songs) watched National Lampoons Christmas Vacation and then headed to bed. Something magical happened during the night
Santa came!!!

No comments: