Saturday, December 7, 2013

339- Rough day

Lets start this day off. I slept in until 8:15. Kennedy has to be to school at 8:40. So we woke up in a rush to get her ready for school. We rushed and got her ready. I started my car to warm up because it was honestly like 9 degrees outside. It was BITTER ASS COLD. Before taking her to school I had to run up to my parents house, get my dads work truck. We got into my car and my Service Traction Control Light is on, my engine light, my traction control light is on and my Service Stabili trac light is on. Seriously. I let it warm up for a few more minutes and go to drive it. My traction control is stuck on. No freaking clue how it even turned on because I havent used it and didnt hit the button. Somehow it turned on by itself and stuck on. 
I go to my parents and get my dads work truck..which hasnt been warmed up and is COLD
Take Kennedy to school and head into Brigham. I call Chris on the way to tell him about my car. I filled out a service thing online to get my cars oil changed and an issue looked at and hadn't heard back from the dealer yet.. It had been two weeks. So as Im telling Chris my cars broke, its cold, Ive slept in and feel totally rushed, I havent gotten a shower and rocking the pony tail and hoody the phone cuts out and drops the call. I call him back and it goes right to vm. Thats it. I called the car dealer and let the poor service boy have it. He says "Im so sorry we've been having issues with our online program.. but by chance is your husband Chris? He just called and set you up an appointment for Saturday thats the soonest we can get you in" Score one point for the hubby!
My mom tells me to meet her at Elyshas house (we have to drop dads truck off at a place to get his decals on but they dont open until 9am and leave his truck there) So I meet mom there by 8:45. She shows up with chocolate donuts. I am holding Miss Moo and let her have her first donut. Shes 4 months old but really only has had breastmilk and thats it. Aunt Jessy has to teach this kid right! She wasnt sure at first and looked at me like are you sure?? I can eat this??
 and then it was on. She has both her hands white knuckled on mine so that I cant move the donut away
 Its so good!
 Shes in donut coma by this point
Ive been there a whole ten minutes when Chris calls. He tells me our dogs got out and I need to go get them. One of the girls in town found them (several blocks away AND across the highway) She put them in a kennel in her garage and posted on the Willard Residents Facebook page she found two dogs. Thankfully we know this lady and Chris called her to let her know I'd come get them. These were their mugshots she posted online. Tank HATES the kennel. He acts like hes in jail.
 and Bailey doesnt care she thinks shes going hunting.
So we hurry and drop off dads truck at the business. The guys not there and not answering his phone. We leave him a voicemail, wait a few minutes and then just leave the truck there and go.

I get home, get Chris's truck, go pick up the dogs and take them to moms kennel since once again Bailey chewed a hole in the chain link. She is a great dog and listens good. But when she wants out she chews her way out. She is an inside dog and is not happy about being out in the kennel and keeps breaking out. Neither Chris nor I want her in the house. We are worried next time she is going to get hit so Im not sure what we are going to do. We are talking about getting rid of her. This is probably the 5th time she has escaped just because she wants to get out. If we let her out she will stay in the yard all day long. But if she escapes she runs straight for the highway with Tank in tow. 
 After I put the dogs away Mom and I run some errands. I have to go to city hall and fill out fire dept paperwork that was done months ago.. but they never received it.. and they told me it had to be done that morning. So I get there and it doesnt have to be done that morning. Teri printed us off everything so we could fill it out and bring it back tomorrow. Mom and I headed to Smith and Edwards to get some heat tape and an electric water bucket. Her dogs water was froze and the pipe had frozen too. Chico had his coat on and was ready to go. He waits patiently in the car while we shop. He has a big blanket back there he stays curled up in and we arent in the store long. If its a long trip he stays home.
 After all that fun and excitement we pick Kennedy up from school. I finally get my shower. Mom tells me to hurry and shes picking me up in 30 min right as I get into the shower. I figure its because dads truck is done and we have to go pick it up. I am hurrying. Kennedys eating lunch when mom pulls in a honking. We hurry out the door and I expect us to be going to get his truck. Nope. Mom made us pizza and its almost done in the oven. We go have lunch and then its time for us to head into Ogden.

 Kennedy has a Drs appointment at 3 at McKay with an ENT to look at her lip tie aka labial frenulum. They were behind when we got there. We had to sit in the waiting room for AN HOUR. I figured to expect this though because of how my day has been going lol! We finally see the doctor about 430 and he tells us that she has a moderate grade lip tie which will require surgery and she also has a very slight tongue tie but since she can stick her tongue out past her teeth and can touch her tongue to the roof of her mouth she doesnt need surgery on that. He said the surgery for her lip tie is very simple. They gas them, cut between the front teeth where her gap is with sharp scissors and stitch it up on the inside so it doesnt create scar tissue that moves her permanent teeth when they come in. It should help her front teeth come in correctly with out the gap when they do. Then he snips the front piece of skin that comes down from the lip to the gums to free up the movement of her lip. He said roughly in about a year we will see a change in her speech once she realizes how she can move her mouth differently and learns to do so. Kennedy told the dr that was good because there are words she cant say correctly like car and antlers lol! The surgery is very quick.. like 10 minutes or so and is scheduled for THURSDAY. Yep like in a few days. We left McKay and it was a blizzard. It took me over 30 minutes to get from their parking lot to 30th wall. I was glad I was in Chris's truck! Dont worry we are at a dead stop here and reached speeds of 5 miles per hour the whole way. It was so slick and snowy
 When we finally made it home we started our first fire in the new fire place!!!

No comments: