Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Day 1- Home to Red Lodge

Mom, Me, Dad and Zack took a motorcycle trip up to Red Lodge Montana this weekend.
It was Mom and Zacks first long bike trip ever.
Mom has ridden before but this was her first time driving.

We were getting ready to go Thursday night and I left my debit card in the ATM!
My only debit card..
Thankfully I had an emergency credit card and some cash!
The banks didnt open til 9am and we were leaving at 7:30

The first stop we made was in Pocatello.
We stop about every 100 miles or so to stretch and top off on fuel

Next stop was in Ashton Idaho.



Dad and his trailer
From there we went to West Yellowstone and had lunch.
Then headed through the park



The day was already beautiful.
I was thinking how lucky I was to be able to take vacation and go on a motorcycle trip through some gorgeous country..
Then we passed a family stopped at one of the pullouts.
There was a mom and daughter (aprox 13) who were facing some trees.
The daughter had her hand on one of the pine trees and was feeling it.
I didnt think much of it until I passed and the daughter turned around.
..
She was blind and carrying a walking stick.
She was only able to feel and smell the beauty around.
She couldnt see the amazing scenery or deep green of the pine trees or the wildlife we passed on the way in.
All those daily things I take for granted.
Instantly I was more than greatful for all the blessings I have in life.




Dad, Mom and Zack



Mom











I saw my first bear in the wild!
I can check that off my list now.. next all I have to do is shoot one!





We came out of the North East end of the park and into Cooke City.
From there we went over the Bear Tooth Pass but I took way too many picts so that will be on the next post.
Yay!!!
After a FULL day of riding we finally hit Red Lodge!
The weather was good. 
A little cold when we started but it was sunny.

That night when we got into town we unloaded our stuff and went right to the Carbon County Steak House
They have a Cowboy Coffee Rub Steak with a Coffee Rum Demi Glaze.
I hate coffee but thankfully you dotn even taste it!
The steak was FABULOUS.
I dont know how I didnt get a picture of it?!
But the demi glaze MADE the steak.
It was sweet and wonderful.
I didnt even use A1 on my steak..

No comments: