Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Fishing with Great Grandpa

Today Kennedy and I went fishing with my Grandpa Barton.
It didn't start off too great but ended well!

I made sure we were in bed EARLY.
Kennedy was asleep by 9 and I was by 10:30.
I slept for what felt like 4 or 5 hours and she woke up having to go to the bathroom.
I looked at the clock and it was 11:15..
and she was WIDE awake.
Jumping all over the place and hyper.
I was wide awake too.

No good! We needed to get up at 5 am!
She finally fell asleep around 3am.
I had 2 alarms set and don't even remember them going off..
I woke up at 730!
We were supposed to be in Woods Cross at 7am.
Ugh nothing like having to call your super punctual grandpa and tell him you slept in.

We had everything already packed and made it to his house by 8:15.
We were headed to Rock Port and went up through Parleys Canyon.
I'd never been up Parleys let alone driven it before.

We hiked down to the spot and got all set up


After a few minutes Grandpa got a bite

  Kennedy hurried over and helped her Great Grandpa reel in her very first EVER fish!
Kennedy was so excited!
It was priceless.
She kept saying "good job great grandpa that's a good fish!" "Nice fish grandpa!"

  
 That was the only fish we caught today.


She was so proud of it.
She named the fish Nemo and said it was a girl.
It was HER fish.
She petted it and said it was going to be her dinner!

We headed home from fishing around 1230 and she was out with in the first few minutes.
Filthy and happy!
We took a nice nap when we got home too.
When we woke up the only thing on her mind was eating her fish!
There was no getting out of cooking it for dinner (I was a little cramped on time)
Wasnt too sure if she'd like it or not. She has some weird tastes.
She likes catfish but hates talapia.

 It was a go! She liked it!
It was so wonderful to be able to have 3 generations go fishing!

No comments: