Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Day 4- Red Lodge to Home!

The next morning we got up early
Had another one of Larrys fabulous breakfasts (french toast and eggs for me)
Headed for home!
It was sad to say goodbye to Larry and Trish!
They were such nice people!

It was about 8 am when we started out.
Went back over Bear Tooth Pass
Elevation 10,947 feet.
IT WAS FREEZING!!!
Body going numb cold!
But still so pretty!

I love that you can see how the road in two places in this picture
Me on the pass
Zack and Mom



When we got to the bottom we were stopped for construction



These were the clouds in the distance.
We got rained on several times on the way home

Taking a break in the park


This was the 1000 mile mark for the trip.
We saw another bear on the way home!

It was a long cold trip home!
We were soaked in Island Park
By Idaho Falls we were finally taking off our coats.
It was such a fun trip!
1300 miles!!

2 comments:

Dismalland said...

Loved the pictures and I am jealous of your trip. Wouldn't want to do it on a bike, but that shouldn't surprise you. I need a nice cushy seat for my rear and lots of space for my snacks! We might go to Yellowstone via Cody, WY this fall. I call and get lodging info from you if we do.

Unknown said...

http://alpineredlodge.com/index.htm
here is the link for the hotel! Its definately worth it. That will be a fun trip!