Friday, May 17, 2013

Brother

Today is someone specials birthday
This someone I have known for a long time
We're talking little kid elementary school long time
We always knew each other as kids but never really hung out
Then comes High School.. I met some friends.. and they ran around in the same circle as him
We had a few classes together.. mostly seminary..
We hung out but weren't still good friends
Then something tragic happened
He lost his brother
After that our circle of friends became tighter
We all stepped up and worked harder to make sure that he would get through that time in his life
We made sure to check on him late at night, irritate the hell out of him and make sure he always knew we were there if he needed us
Thats when our friendship really grew
From spinning donuts in the church parking lot in his pickup, to sinking his truck in the old Perry pond by the gravel pit..watching aliens in the sky as we slept on the trailer at the sand dunes..
from relationship trials and heart breaks, exes, too much mountain dew, and too many things involving fire
Our friendship changed for a few years.. we weren't able to talk or be friends because of some issues..
Things changed and it seemed like our friendship picked up right where it left off

My divorce was hard for me because I had SUCH a hard time learning how to live again
It was so weird to be able to do what I want.. It was so hard for me to be alone in the company of a male for a long time.. I kept waiting to get in trouble for lack of a better explanation, like it would send me into a full on panic. Poor Zack got to be the one to work through that with me ha! He stuck it out.. He helped me learn how to be again..He was my 'date' to all those places I didnt want to go alone to..I knew I could take  him anywhere and he would make sure I was ok
We could be each others dates and not have worry or pressure about a relationship. We just knew and understood each other and what our friendship was.
He was my date screener and I was the same for him
Poor Chris when he came along!
At first he didnt know what to think of Zack but he quickly learned
I layed it out on the line for him
I told him Zack is my brother and no matter what he was going to be in my life and around and I was going to hang out with him .. and if he had a problem with it he better figure it out now because I wasnt going to let that happen again
hahah
Then the greatest thing ever happened
Chris and Zack became friends!
I couldnt be happier!

Zack has been there for me through so much in my life
He has been the greatest friend, brother, and partner in crime ever
He really is a huge part of my life and I am so thankful for our friendship!
SO after all that I just wanted to say Happy Birthday to the bestest big brother ever!!!
He gave me some pictures today to go through and I found some good throwbacks for all this nostalgia!








Happy Birthday Brother!!!

No comments: