Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Day 138- Day 1 Primary Children's Shoot

Saturday morning was the first day of the Primary Children's Benefit Shoot
I had to be there bright and early at 8am
It started raining Friday night and rained and rained and rained!
When I woke up Sat I let Chris and Kennedy stay in bed because it was still pouring rain
I wasnt sure if I would be sent home once I got there and they might as well stay warm and cozy!

When I got there a river was running down the range!
It was a rough morning..
Me, Todd, Roy and Kathy hung out in their camper watching hunting shows on TV
Jana showed up with donuts, muffins and Betos!
By around 10 there were a few shooters who had on their rain gear and braved the course!
We stayed where it was nice and dry.. they werent over run and had a lot more help than need for it
Chris and Kennedy showed up
Kinlie, Liz and Kyle were there
Then Ash and Rybug came too
All the kids played in the camper
Chris and Todd had their rain gear on and were making sure all the targets were good
Tim, Manny, Erin and Matt holding down the registration booth
Bob cooking up burgers and dogs
The rain finally let up some, the skies cleared
Liz, Todd, Kyle and I all went to donate our money and shoot the course
Its hard to tell but all the targets are at different yardages, anywhere from 13 to just over 60
You aim for the little orange dot
Its worth 12 points
If you hit anywhere in the circle foam body part around that its worth 10
If you hit the body outside of that its worth 8
and a miss is a 0
There was a total of 30 targets to shoot.. which equals a total amount of  360
Liz shooting
Me
Kyle
Liz and I
Me and Todd cheesin
Liz and Kyle
Todd








My new hoody I couldnt resist and HAD to buy..
I love it!!
I had never shot the Mantua course before
                                                                           I LOVE IT
                                                                     ITS AMAZING!!!!
Its all surrounded by trees.. all kinds of different terrain
Uphill shots, down hill, sideways, across the river
Its absolutely beautiful
Todd was being a smartass on this one!
This was a 52 yard shot and he nailed it for the 12!

Liz and Kyle shooting the jackalope
Some reason some of the super close shots like this one are the hardest!!!
Your bows are set up (most)
with a pin sight at 20 yards, 30 yards, 40 yards, 50 yards and 60 yards
So if its close or further or not exactly on you have to guess roughly where to shoot
So 45 yards you have to split the pins between the 40 and 50.. and adjust for strong up hill or down hill


This was a blast to shoot!!
For the weather being bad we still had a good amount of shooters, sold a bunch of dogs and burgers and raised some money for a good cause!
I ended up shooting a 262 and Todd shot a 288

No comments: