Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Malad Saturday and Sunday

Saturday on the way back from Rupert Mom dropped me off in Malad to meet up with Chris and she took my car home
The trailer hood was in full swing but actually less trailers than last year!
The Dickamores did dinner for everyone
Pork Souvlaki
Chris and Kevin cooked it up
It was AMAZING oh my gosh! so yummy!
Chris was handing out food to the hungry children
MMM souvlaki, dutch oven potatoes and asparagus salad
The wind kicked up pretty good
It looked like we were going to get rain but we never did
Zack text me and asked me my 10-20
I invited him to come with us earlier and he had too much to do
He decided he could play now
I told him where we were at and he headed up
He was getting there just about dark as we were getting the fire going
Now we're cookin with peanut oil!
I mean gas!
Everyone huddled around the fire trying to keep warm but the dang wind kept blowing bad

Me and the brother
Coltin and Kim
Me trying to get Chris to smile but he was busy on his phone



Lanelle lost a jewel out of her necklace and they went to finding it.. surprisingly they did!
Rudy sliced open his finger..
Chris who had just taken his EMT test that morning doctored him up good
We spent the night in Daves camper and the next morning woke up bright and early to go to breakfast
Chris and I went to Me and Lous'
I had a strawberry and cream Belgian Waffle
MMMM 
Chris's team was #24 to shoot
They were scheduled to shoot around 1230.. we know thats not gonna happen but its always nice to think
They let team 33 and team 36 shoot way early off because they needed to do things
Sometimes in Malad you see funny things
Like I saw a stroller with gun racks attached on it
Or this trashy trashy trailer with Caesars Palace spray painted on back
Then there was this guy
He was too drunk to walk so they TIED a lawn chair to a cart and his younger brother was pulling him around
He stopped and said hi.. asked if I wanted a ride with him lol
I told his brother make sure he charged him good for that!
We were still waiting..
One trap house kept breaking down
Then they'd fix it and the other thrower would break down
They were on deck to shoot when the one thrower broke half way through the team before thems turn
Had to wait to fix it and then let them finish and move on
FINALLY it was Chris's teams turn around 5





Chris didnt shoot all that great.. 
But I got some good pictures of him ha!
His team wasnt in the runnings for anything but managed a pretty good score of 716
Two of the teams of people we were with had to have a shoot off for 3rd place
We werent able to stay and watch.. it makes a long day for just sitting and waiting.. and we had to get home to pickup Kennedy from Ashley who were on their way home from Lagoon...plus we needed to clean up and do laundry!



No comments: