Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Idaho Archery Shoot

Saturday morning Chris and Todd headed off to take their EMT practical tests in SLC (They passed woo!)
Mom and I headed to Idaho for a fundraiser archery shoot
This was my first non Brigham Bowmen shoot ever!
We made pretty good time on the way up
We stopped in Burley for lunch at Dennys and then headed back down to Rupert to shoot
When we got there, NO ONE ELSE was there
If it wasnt for all the signs we would have thought we were in the wrong place
We unloaded our gear, paid our fees and started to shoot the course
There was a father and son not far ahead of us so we knew which way the course would go
They had all kinds of different yardages marked.. but they werent super correct!
The guy told us to stand at the flags and shoot which were different markers than the other ones ha!
But we figured it out
The sun was shinning and the weather was good.. but the wind was BAD
Mom




My bows the pink one.. moms is the neon green
You can see in this shot how windy it was!!!
The bad thing is there would be a light breeze, you'd draw back and wham the wind would kick up bad!
You'd hold steady for a min think youve got it figured out, then the wind would stop!

There was one target I really struggled with
Two antelope out on a flat at 55 yards
Wind was gusting
And I think I need to do some more tuning on my bow :(
First shot I split it right between my 50 and 60 yard pins and I went right over its back
So the next shot I put my 50 yard pin just a little high but pretty much spot on
I shot way under the belly..
I couldnt find my arrow for a minute but I found the nock.. after some looking I found half my arrow way over to the right and in the field
This is the first arrow I have ever broekn
I figured it had to have split somewhere and hit somewhere kind of close so I started searching
Well I found it
I had launched my arrow into the bottom of the wood board behind the target
I tried and tried to pull it out so I could get my tip out of it..
No go its stuck there forever
The last target was up a 'stand' to simulate a tree stand
My mom HATES heights
Especially ones that might be wobbly
I went up and shot then had her shoot
She did really good!
We both rocked this one!


We finished up as more people started to show up and the storm started to come in the distance
They scored their targets differently.. normally its a 12, 10, 8 and 5 scoring
They scored theirs 11, 10, 8 and 5
I shot a 217 and mom shot a 230
I didnt feel too bad though because in all honesty a lot of our shots were pretty close together and if I can come close to someone whose been shooting for years and Im only in my first year I cant complain too much
It was a long but fun day
We drove there up 84 and through Snowville but on the way home we went to 15 and across through Pocatello because mom had to drop me off in Malad to Chris

No comments: