Monday, June 17, 2013

Day 167-Fathers Day Fishing

Sunday morning for Fathers Day we went fishing
Saturday night before we went to the truck pulls we gave Todd his fathers day present
We got him a new camo fishing pole and a small tackle bag so that he doesn't have to carry his huge one everywhere
Sunday morning we gave Chris his
A new fishing pole and a tackle bag full of fishing stuff
Me, Chris, Todd and Hunter headed out to the bay for a morning of bow fishing and fishing
We dropped Kennedy off at her dads on the way out so she didn't get to go 
Chris started off the morning getting 3 fish
He 'claims' he doesnt like fishing.. except when hes catching stuff so this new arrangement of him bow fishing and me fishing works out great!!
Chris's mom had bought him a new Cajun arrow for bow fishing so he had to try it out
I think it worked :)
I did get my first fish to the shore though
I was a pretty happy girl!
Todd and his boys fishing on Fathers Day
Then I caught a nice wiper!
It was 20 inches about 3 1/2 lbs and fought like crazy
I thought Chris had grabbed my cat pole but we had my trout pole instead
I was pretty proud of myself for bringing this fighter in on a light pole and 6lb test!
I only got one in though the next one I got after that snapped my line
Wiper fight HARD and their gills are razor sharp plus they have spikes on their two dorsal fins so really the best way to hold them is with pliers!
Chris got a nice wiper almost to the shore and right before I could net it, it snapped the line and took off
Todd went off and did a little bow fishing for fun
He got one
Then Hunter on his first bow fishing expedition got one too!
I always knew carp were bad for the water but I had no idea how horrible they were til I started doing a little research
They basically eat all the nutrients out of an area, make it dirty and nasty and take over an area
They are considered a non game fish and basically a nuisance so there is NO limit on them 
They crash the ecological balance of a water system and destroy 
We did our part for the weekend to help out the other fish

No comments: