Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Day 172- Road hazard

Driving home from work that morning between the Port of Entry on the freeway and the Rest Area headed northbound..just as you come up the little bridge there was a big black garbage bag full of something in the travel lane..
Placed ever so so perfectly that you couldnt see it til you were right on top of it
Sadly I hit it
So I hurried and pulled into the rest area to see if there was any damage
It broke the clips on my bumpers and put a little scratch in the front bumper
I wasnt too sure if it hurt anything mechanical under neath the car since I pretty much dove off the freeway after I heard it go THUNK THUNK THUNK all under neath my car
I called in to make a report.. even though its 'unreportable' just in case they found the owner of the bag or there was more damage to my car than I imagined.. 
Its 0430 in the morning
Im tired
Its dark
Ive worked a 12 hour shift
There is a GOOD chance I missed some damage to my car lol!
The trooper that came out was super super nice and didnt make me feel stupid for wanting to report it
He was even in a good mood
We started talking while he filled out paperwork and I knew he looked familiar
So I asked him what his name was and he told me
I replied "Wholly shit!!" and started laughing
He looked at me like uh oh what does that mean!
Then I said Im Corey Bartons daughter
He said I should have known you have his eyes!
Hes in the archery club and I met him and his family at the banquet this year 
So here is my poor car
Thankfully this is all that happened
It could have been way worse!
And thankfully Chris was able to fix it so we didnt have to submit a claim! 



No comments: