Monday, June 17, 2013

Day 168-Fishing with Grandpa

My dad took my Grandpa fishing for Fathers Day on Monday and asked if I wanted to go
Grandpa rides the Front Runner up and dad picked him up at the station
Mom was nice enough to take Kennedy to swim lessons for me since she was already taking Parker and Kinlie
We walked down to the 'good' spot on the rocks and set up
There was no one else parked out there this time so we figured we were going to do great!
Yeah not so much
It was DEAD
Dad was telling us about how he loves the bay because there is such a diverse variety of fish in there and hes caught everything thats in it
We were there a good hour at least with out any bites when Dad finally hooked a nice 21 inch wiper
He decided to check on his other pole (he has a two pole permit)  after he caught the wiper and as he was reeling it in a blue gill hooked on
Grandpa and I had NO BITES and NOTHING
Dad had made our lunches to mirror what him and Grandpa use to eat when they went with my Great Grandpa fishing
Corn beef, sweet pickles, cheddar cheese, ketchup, mustard and lettuce sandwhiches
Sandies pecan cookies, fig newtons and bbq chips
Pretty much how I spent the entire time
I ended up getting two tiny bites FAR apart
Then Dad caught a catfish
Grandpa told him we believed that he had caught everything that was in the bay, he didnt need to try and prove it to us one fish at a time lol!
Grandpa had about the same luck as me
He had a bite or two and that was it
We left around 1230 and headed back home
Kennedy, Kinlie and Parker were picking strawberries and selling them for $1 a bag..
I bought one and so did Elysha
Parker was selling a fish skull he had found (dad uses fish remains to help fertilize the garden.. old Indian trick)
Of course Kennedy had to run around with a gun
When we pulled in she had a stick down the side of her swimming suit on her hip.. it was her knife..
She made money off the bag of strawberries I bought from her and then Grandpa (their great grandpa) gave them each some quarters
Kennedy and I had a deal that if at swim lessons she went down the slide with out holding on and making herself stop.. and not making her swim teacher come closer.. but actually slid down it and splashed into the water I would buy her a happy meal
She did it this time so we stopped at Calls drive in on the way home and she got her grilled cheese and root beer
When I was paying the girl she told me "Mom I really want to pay for the food though!" I told her this was my treat to her for being so good and next time maybe she could buy 

No comments: