Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Elko finals

Sunday morning we had to be at the archery range super super early for the score postings
I didnt shoot too well the day before
I did alright but I had fun
I figured I had a ZERO chance of making it into the finals on Sunday
What they do is they take if you're male or female and then the different styles you shoot and break you up into whats called a flight
Like I shoot Bowhunter Free style 
My sights are fixed 
So the scores were posted.. they take the top six scores and make a shoot off list basically
Moment of truth!
Jana and Joan were the only ones in their class
Jana placed 2nd woo!
She never ever hardly shoots at all and usually doesn't shoot a full course so this is a HUGE accomplishment for her
So now with the men.. they take the first six high scores and thats flight A
Then where there is another large grouping of close numbers they make a second flight
So even though Dad and Todds scores were higher than Chris's he grouped first in the B class and they didnt
Time for the womens flight..
WTF 4th place!?? this has to be a mistake!
I beat out two Pro Staff shooters???!???
So each flight is assigned a target to start on for a staggard start.. ours was target 28
Six ladys met there and scores started over
We shot 20 targets for a new set of scores to determine the placings
I was so shocked I even made the group
Now it was game time!
I didnt even take hardly any pictures at all
They move the targets around and the stakes you shoot from
The targets are harder than the day before, the shots more obscured and difficult
The ones shooting to place shot the upper course
Those who didnt place shot 20 targets for fun and shot the lower course
This was our group of women on the last target
Well we finished.. the scores were totalled..
Jana placed 2nd in her flight
Chris placed 2nd in his flight
Mom placed 2nd and I placed 3rd!!!!!
I was so so excited!
I couldnt believe it
I have only been shooting 6 months
We grilled up some burgers
Went and claimed our raffle prizes and waited for the awards
According to the website, flyers, and past shoots the 1st 2nd and 3rd place winners win a belt buckle
Thats all I wanted
I wanted to go to Elko and win a belt buckle
Totally happy dance time
I couldnt wait for the awards!

Dad placed Gold in the Sr Games
Mom won gold in the Sr Games too
Jana won a hat for her award..hmm weird.. but maybe they didnt have a buckle made or something
Then Chris's award.. he won a sweet belt buckle for his 2nd place
Now our turn!
Mom went up for her 2nd place.. and won a hat!?? 
WTF?? 
Wheres the buckle??

Then it was my turn
I won a hate
Now I dont want to sound ungrateful but I was SO SO SO heartbroken!!
I had my heart set on a buckle!
They gave them out always
All the fliers, their website and everything else specifically said they gave out a buckle..
and to make it worse Chris won one.. but us girls didnt :(

So all us girls with our hats.. Chris with his buckle.. and mom and dad with their gold medals
Even though I was pissed we didnt get our buckles it was still sweet to take 3rd place.. and that Brigham Bowmen did so well in the shoot!
Congrats everyone!!


This is what we won in the raffle
A headlamp, hiking backpack and target woo!
We tore down camp, packed everything up and headed for home
We had to stop in Wendover to pick up my car
Picked up Kennedy in SLC
Stopped at got Chris's car at my work
and FINALLY made it home to unpack and shower!

No comments: