Monday, June 17, 2013

Fathers Day BBQ

After we went fishing we had a BBQ at Todd and Janas for Fathers Day
We gave Dad his present there
We got him a ravioli attachment for his pasta maker and cant wait to see what he makes!
We were already discussing options

They got out the tiny pool for the kids and decided they might need a little bigger one :)
They also turned on the sprinkler and the kids had a blast
I told Kinlie and Kennedy they could strip down to their underwear so that their clothes stayed dry and they had something to wear after
Kinlie looked at me like I had lost my mind
Kennedy said but mom do I have to keep my underwear on!?
They seriously played in the water for hours
We had burgers, brats, hot dogs, snickers salad, green salad, fruit salad, chips, potato salad, macaroni salad, tea, lemonade, sour kraut and jalapenos for the burgers
We went hungry that's for sure ha!
Mom also made a rocky road stuffed angel food cake with cool whip frosting
We invited our friend Phil over too so that he wasn't alone on Fathers Day


Afterwards we sat round telling stories and lies!
There was Mom, Dad, Liz, Kyle, Kinlie, Klint, Me, Kennedy, Chris, Todd, Jana, Hunter, Roy, Kathy, Phil, Ash, Derek and Rybug
Lysha wasnt feeling too well so she didnt come join
I love that the two families get along so well and we do joint things like this
I think it helped so much that Mom and Dad and Todd and Jana were friends long before I knew Chris even existed ha! Makes holidays that much easier



What a great way to spend Fathers Day! Surrounded by so many great men who are such a great example!
Happy Fathers Day to you all! Love you!

No comments: