Friday, March 1, 2013

Day 51- Day after surgery

I wasnt exactly sure how Kennedy would handle the following days after surgery
Let me tell you kids are bionic I think!
The first night she was home 4 hours later she was up walking around and doing ok
They gave her a narcotics presc but the pain wasnt bad enough to give her any, plus I think thats what was making her throw up on the way home
So we just gave her some Advil before bed and figured we would see how the night went
If she woke up crying I'd give her something more
This kid slept for 12 hours straight! 
Didnt wake up once and was great
She ALSO woke up with a dry pull up woo woo!
Of course she was really sore still
I had to help her get in and out of bed and walk slowly with her
She had some dry cereal and juice in bed while she watched movies
Shes surrounded by her surgery presents
Brave doll from Grandma JaNeale
Puppy from Grandma and Grandpa Barton
Cinderella Barbie from Grandma Jana and Grandpa Todd
We cuddled
Great Grandma Kathy and Great Grandpa Roy came over to visit
They were FLOORED that she was eating breakfast, up walking around and doing so well
She was adamant about trying everything by herself
She told me mom I want to try and get up out of the chair on my own
I want to try and walk up the stairs by myself
I was paranoid and wouldnt let her go up or down the stairs with out me there right next to her
She felt good enough by the afternoon and was getting kind of bored so we fixed a cake
A get better cake
She had missed preschool and a field trip and was kind of bummed
So we did a color lesson

Heres her cake ready to bake!
No recovery day is complete with out taknig a nap on the couch with Daddy
You can see the coloring books and sticker books and princess crayons Roy and Kathy brought her
Here is her little incision the day after
We took off the big bandaid to get some air on it and I wanted to make sure it was closed up good and there were no lumps or pockets or anything forming


No comments: