Tuesday, July 9, 2013

184-End of swim lessons

Days 182 and 183 I sucked and didnt take any pictures
182 was a long drive spent coming home from Marsvale
Unloading
Cleaning up
AND we found special that day that took up a lot of our time on that day and the next!
HOPEFULLY something I will be able to tell you all about at the end of this week!!!!
This 'special thing' has CONSUMED our last week
Enough that we decided to NOT go on vacation we had planned and to stay home and get ready for this new adventure
So that was days 182 and 183 that hopefully you'll see pictures of soon!

So 184 was the last day of swim lessons
Thank goodness
I love watching her and she has a blast.. but its nice to not have that in the daily schedule early in the am
They did their lessons and then it was play time for the last 15 minutes
Her new thing is to jump into the pool and scream cannon ball



After swim lessons we went home and I took a nap
I was tired and had a headache
When I woke up after an hour.. 
My child who was so sweetly playing in her fort when I layed down..was now covered in sharpie marker
All over her hands and feet and legs
She is STILL grounded from all forms of coloring due to the last few mishaps we have had
She actually has NO crayons, pencils or markers because she cant color on what shes supposed to
She found a jar full of sharpies on top of the microwave that had been there for weeks
She took those markers to her fort to make signs for it
She made signs by placing paper towels on the TAN MICROFIBER COUCH and WROTE on the paper towels with Sharpies..
On several spots on the couch and end table
Mom about lost it
She has been pushing buttons and everything as far as she possibly could lately
She got the mad silent...
where you dont even speak and they know how in trouble they are
I called my mother in law whose a cleaning fanatic to see if she knew how to get Sharpie out
She didnt answer so I googled and it said hairspray helps
So I took as much out with hairspray as possible and headed to Walmart
While I was there she called back and called a detailer at her work
He said rubbing alcohol, nail polish remover or paint thinner should work
I was able to get almost all of it out with hairspray first, then nail polish remover, then scrubbed and scrubbed. Did another round of nail polish remover. Some water. Then Tide pen.. then scrubbed some more
There are very few small spots where the black didnt come out but its hardly noticeable
I got most of it off the end table too which isnt a big deal because I can sand that..
I cant sand the couch!

No comments: