Sunday, July 21, 2013

201- A wedding A remodel and a fire

This whole weekend Chris was on call for the fire dept..
They are on call one week a month from Wednesday to Wednesday
Normally they are just on call from 6pm to 6am and have to stay with in the city limits and be available for a call at any time during those hours
However beginning of July it changed and they have to do weekend days also so they are Wed-Wed at nights and from 6pm Friday night to 6am Monday morning ... so basically I consider him grounded for the weekend which really put a hamper on moving and anything else. The only good thing is when hes on call his dad is on call also since they are on the same team so they get to be grounded together.
His cousin was getting married Saturday at noon in Wellsville at the American West Heritage Center
He found someone to take two hours of his on call from 11-1pm
So we headed up for the wedding
It ended up not starting til 12:30 and the vows were about 15 minutes long
So we had to leave RIGHT after the I do's cakeless and all 

In our new place the actual dining area is TINY and pretty much non existent
We have discussed some options and have made pretty much a 5 year plan on our house and what we want to change/accomplish in then which HOPEFULLY will include a small addition
But until then I have started looking for a different table set..something that will fit into a small space and work still
Chris found this table and chair set for sale on Weber Yardsales on Facebook
A lady wanted $25 bucks for this table and chair set
They had just moved and didnt need it anymore
They were solid but the chairs seriously needed to be reupholstered and the table had some hair dye stains on it so it needed sanded down
See they were NASTY!
BUT the wood was good, the foam had no stains or damage on it when we took off the covers
Just the covers were gross
We put them in the truck and headed to Todd and Janas since the guys were 'grounded'
I started sanding on the table
I got it almost half way done before Chris needed to clean out the sander and 'check it out'
It was cracking me up
He couldnt handle sitting there and watching me sand
His hands were twitching and he wanted to do it so bad
I was surprised he let me sand that long before he did it 
So I was nice and let him finish the second half
We still have to do another coat or two but this is the first coat on the table last night
Doesnt it look so good!! And will look great in the kitchen with the counter tops!
Jana has a TON of fabric and we found some in her storage that I absolutely LOVED
As soon as I saw it I knew that was it
Her, Chris and Hunter went over to help her sister put away wedding stuff
Todd and I stayed to work on the chairs
He worked for quite a while at Lazy Boy and knows a thing or two about upholstering.. plus he has all the tools to do it
I actually learned a few things!
We pulled the covers off, he checked out the wood and foam
Put some odor killer on the foam
I cut out the fabric patterns and he stapled them onto the chairs
I really really love the patters
Its hard to see but they are actually like a dark brown paisley but the fabric is really heavy duty
The boys came back when we were about half way through so we made an assembly line with them :)
Look at those boys go 

We  had just finished up the chairs and were cleaning up
Chris looked up on the hill and said is that a fire??
Todd said no its brake lights I just saw them come on and move and saw the headlights
They debated back and forth for a minute and decided it was a car up there
Chris was all sad because he wanted to go play on a fire
About two minutes later the page goes off for a fire
The boys tear out of there and Todd tells me I can take his car home since they were taking Chris's truck
Its 10pm at night and I have to work at 6am
I got out the binoculars and looked at the fire on the hill
There definitely was a car there, I saw it take off down the road.. but the fire was flickering but not growing
Its that lil orange dot!
So we went to the fire station and took my car keys out of Chris's truck so we could get into the house and took Todds car home
Turns out it was a campfire so both the boys were right
There was a car there.. and there was a fire!

No comments: