Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Day 189-Life of Kennedy

Today was the first day in over a week that Kennedy hasnt been a complete hellion
Im not even kidding
She has been SO mouthy, so sassy, doing exactly what she knows she shouldn't, back talking ridiculously, not listening at all
Its drivin me absolutely crazy
And not just to me, to Chris, to her dad, to the grandparents
Everything that I say she had to correct or sass back to

I told her to eat her dinner
She told me I was 90% x'd out of her club and if I didnt stop she'd x me out

Id ask her to do something and she would.. like pick up your room.. and then when she didn't Id give her a consequence for not.. which was met by a go ahead.. do it..

She walked ALL OVER my seats and console in my car at the muzz shoot with her sandy dusty shoes. I was livid.. well apparently she walked all over the seats inside Grandpa Todds car too
He asked her about it the next day when we were at the house
She said it wasnt her. He said let me see your shoes.. she was wearing the same flip flops
He said yep those are the prints
She was adamant it wasnt her
She said lets take it out to the car and see
So he walked her out to the car, showed her the prints all over his seats and that it matched her shoes. 
They came back inside and he said to her see they match
Her reply was " I think while I was inside you took my shoes outside and put them all over seats. I didn't do it"

And she had an excuse and back talk for EVERYTHING
So many I cant even remember them
sadly though some were so smart you were trying hard not to laugh at what shes saying because its so clever.. but so wrong at the same time

It didn not matter how she was disciplined.. how severe... how much she was talked to she kept misbehaving. It was very wearing

Today was the first day I finally had my Kennedy back
She was my normal kid again!
She got to pick out her new backpack for school
She was a robot
She dressed Chico up in fireman clothes
We played on swings while Chris mowed lawns

She helped by picking up sticks that were in the yard
She worked extra hard so Daddy Chris would pay her extra good and Zacky would be really proud of her (it was his house we were working on the lawn at)
It was kinda fun to see Chris at work doing what he does
Kennedy picked up this pile of sticks
She also wanted to make sure Zackys house was super clean when he came home so he would be extra excited
It was so nice to have my peanut back again!
She even earned a whole dollar picking up sticks and was so happy about it

1 comment:

The Triplett Family said...

Sometimes it's refreshing to hear about other kids misbehaving. Makai's been driving my insane lately too and nothing I'm trying is helping it stop. I guess kids just go through these stages and there's nothing we can do about it except pray it doesn't stay for too long!