Thursday, July 25, 2013

205- Moving day woo woo!!

Wednesday Chris had off since it was a state holiday
His mom and Jimmy spent the night to help us move that morning
I had to work that day from 6am-4pm. My supervisor at work found out it was moving day and pretty much nicely sent my butt home. I felt bad so I made myself at least stay til the parade was over in case all  hell broke loose.. thankfully it didnt and it was a SLOW morning with lots of people so I could leave
When I got home the house was totally empty. Trailers full minus the washer and dryer. JaNeale was cleaning. She seriously needs to clean for hire. 
Chris, Derek, Jimmy and I took the trailers out to the house to start unloading, unpacking and somewhat assembling the house. JaNeale, Ash, Ry and Kennedy stayed at the old house to clean and let the kids play together. We were SO busy this is the only picture I got of the guys assembling our bed. I hate hate hate putting stuff away. Especially in a new place where things dont have their spots. I worked on assembling the kitchen and trying to do our room.
JaNeale and Ash came back with the kids. The house was spotless! We ran into town to get some pizza for everyone for helping and working so hard
By this time Mom and Dad were home from East Canyon. They came down to help. Dad put our new locks and door handles on. I helped him install all the smoke detectors. Chris and Derek hooked up the washing machine but it had some issues.. for some reason it keeps leaking at one cycle one the washer
Thankfully the floors brick and has a drain! They decided the problem was with how the pipe was set up and the angle..
 I had a problem.. I had NO space for food in the kitchen. I have a lot of appliances, dishes, Tupperware etc that took it all up. So as they went to Lowes for plumbing issues I had them pick me up an industrial shelf. Me dad and Ash worked together on assembling it. It was SUPER easy and I am in LOVE with it! We were able to fit all the food we had boxed up and stored from our Christmas present out and on it so we can SEE it to use it. I am thinking we need another shelf or two...The shelves are way strong
Ash and JaNeale got the bathroom put together
Then my parents left and Todd and Jana got off work and showed up
JaNeale, Jimmy, Ash and Derek were pretty much leaving then
Todd and Chris worked on the washer issue for a while.. still not exactly sure why its backing up. They snaked the drain and didnt find any problems or clogs. Jana hung out with me and we got the kitchen finished

The laundry room had a swamp cooler in the lower part of the wall and a window A/C above that
Todd and Chris hooked up the swamp cooler that the guy said didnt work.. it totally did
Chris and I were both exhausted by the time everyone left
We took the window A/C and put it in our bedroom for the night.. our house was like 84 degrees.. the doors had been open all day long with moving stuff in and out so our house didnt cool down
The central air will be in by the 31st at the very latest so we can manage til then.. especially with the window A/C. The upstairs is where Kennedys room is and its HOT. The roofer is coming to redo the shingles Thursday and is installing 3 roof vents and that will help a ton too. Kennedy actually was on her visitation with her dad so she didnt get to spend the first night in our new house with us.. but she will be sleeping downstairs til the airs in anyways. The people we are buying it from are doing the central air and the roof.. and we have things on our own we need to fix and do but its OUR HOUSE. We can change, paint, tear down, build up whatever we want!! And we are so excited about it!

We also are SO VERY THANKFUL AND GRATEFUL for all the help moving! From the muscles to the truck to the cleaning.. there is no way Chris and I could have done it so quickly with out all the help. Thank you everyone!

No comments: