Tuesday, July 23, 2013

203

We had the keys a whole 24 hours and it was killing me we had to work and Chris was on call
When I got home from work he was off on a car fire so Kennedy and I headed to the new place to put away what we could of the first load
It was all like coats, blankets, closet stuff.. you know the non fun.. I did set my scentsy up in the kitchen
Kennedy and I just finished when Chris called and said he was on his way home
I hung up the phone with him and saw someone pull in the driveway
Kennedy screamed and went running to the door
Uncle ZackyPoo was back in town from Reno
She was SO excited
She gave him the official tour of the house and he had us come down to his for a minute to show us this AWESOME fire extinguisher lamp he'd got on his work trip
Chris was just getting out of the shower when we got home so he was just wearing gym shorts. No shirt. No socks.. Its almost 9pm at night. We'd all had a late lunch and finally decided we were hungry. He wanted to take us to McDonalds. Its honestly like 3 blocks from our house. So he left just wearing his shorts and put on a pair of my flip flops as we were walking out the door. He had to put on the ones I was wearing because the other ones had a flower on them and he cant wear shoes with flowers!
Chris has LONG feet and super long toes so his toes hung clear over the edge. I was giggling at him.
We pulled up to the drive thru, placed our order and were almost to the pay window when his pager went off.. Hes on call so he has to go. We sat there for a second waiting to see if they would cancel since it was a fire alarm at a business.. they didnt.. so we gave it another few seconds and I told him just go.. I can come back and get our stuff. He had me call his dad to bring him a shirt.. Todd said what??? A shirt?? I laughed and said yes.. 
So we pull into the fire station and Chris goes running in shirtless, in gym shorts and his wifes shoes
I was laughing so hard!!
Its even more funny because he WILL NOT wear flip flops or sandals.. those are girl shoes.. and heaven forbid he goes with out wearing socks.. thats like a sin!
On top of that his bunker gear was wet from the car fire a few hours before 

He was in command this week. They take turns and while he's been in command they've had 2 structure fires ( they werent anything super big) a semi fire, a car wreck, a car fire, a fire on the mountain, and a fire alarm

Kennedy and I headed back to McDonalds to reorder our dinner
The call was right across the street from where we were
We watched them arrive on scene as we hit the drive thru
Kennedy and I had a 'picnic' in our car in the fire station parking lot and actually pulled in as the fire truck was coming back
On the way home Chris was saying how he wanted a quiet night now .. the calls for the day were over
I laughed at him and said you know its a full moon right.. and not only a full moon but its got a halo around it.. thats like a super beacon for the crazies! Trust me I dealt with them all day at work today



No comments: