Tuesday, July 9, 2013

3rd of July Firemans Ball

After our couch disaster we headed out to the annual Firemans Ball dinner at City Hall in Willard
Me, Mom, Chris and Kennedy enjoyed our pulled pork dinner and waited for the auction to start
Dad was at work this year and didnt run the auction
Michelle Mund ran most of it
Chris loves auctions
He gets all excited 
He ended up buying a new vacuum and a new dresser for me
Mom made some coasters and stepped up to sell them
Towards the end of the auction Todd and Jana showed up
She had knee surgery early that morning and still made it!
We set out our lawn chairs and waited for the band to start
Kennedy and Parker took turns wearing Grandpa Todd out


Kennedy so badly wanted to dance with Grandpa
She talked him into it
Todd acutally loves dancing
So they headed to the dance floor

Grandpa dance with me turned into Grandpa watch me dance and twirl and spin all over
Then Todd came back..
and made me dance with him
Hes lucky I agreed
I HATE dancing
Something about as soon as you say the word DANCE makes my feet and hips suddenly stop coordinating completely, ridiculously and clumsily
Its a train wreck to watch
He took me out and attempted to two step and swing lol
No small children were injured and he didnt run off the floor screaming please help me.. so it wasnt too bad
Phil came and joined us
Hes pretty much adopted by our families
His family doesnt live around here and hes divorced so why not!
Mom, Chico and Phil
I wanted a picture with miss sassy.. you can see how that turned out!
The hubby and I
Hes so cute :) 
He ate dinner and then went up to my parents house
He had some pods put on his duck boat and couldnt wait to start working on it fixing other things
So he bailed on the dance and went to work on the boat
I told him Id come pick him up when he was done and wanted to come back down
He was there for an hour or two and walked back down to surprise me
Our family circle
Dad got an award for 30 years of service
They gave all the members who had been there a while this nice certificate and recognized the wives for putting up with it for so long and gave them a bouquet of flowers too
Mom accepted Dads for him since he was working
They did the annual raffle
Chris, Todd, Jana and I made a pretty good haul
Mom read the tickets
Then it was time for the little bit of fireworks they do so we all flipped our chairs around to the baseball field behind us





Happy 3rd of July!
Thank you to Willard Fire for another great year!

No comments: