Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Day 177- structure fire

Wednesday started with me being sick all day long
I felt like hell
I couldnt eat
I tried to go to work and that was a fail
I stayed at home and laid on the couch while Chris was at drill
I forced myself to somewhat stay awake because I knew I needed to sleep that night
Chris came home from drill and we went to bed
I made it asleep for a whole 30 minutes before his pager went off for a medical he didnt need to go on
Then I fell back asleep until his pager went off again at 0300.. structure fire in Willard
I carefully listened to the address because Kennedy was at her dads house
Whew it wasnt there
BUT a structure fire in Willard
I cant help it, even thought its been years since Ive ran on the dept it still gets me all excited
Chris and I sat and talked about it for a minute
I told him I knew there was going to be a body in there and he was sure they were going to page Brigham
Brigham helps out as a second alarm basically for Willard if they need it
They paged Brigham and Chris was gone
I tried to go back to sleep but that wasnt going to happen
Chris text me around 0400 and asked if I could come pick him up from the scene because he needed to be at work in Ogden at 0500
I drove and got him
I love lights and the smell of smoke in the early morning!

He stripped out of his turnouts in the middle of the road and put them in my car
Now my car smells like structure fire :)
I went back to the station with him to get him his car
We went home I packed him a lunch so he would have time to hurry and shower before work and I tried to go back to sleep
Again that didnt happen
Kennedy came at 0630 that morning and FINALLY we were able to fall back asleep from 7-9 then it was swim lesson time!
My night of feeling sick lasted all night
My plans of getting sleep didnt pan out like I hoped!
BUT it was still a good night
AND little did we know.. the fire turned out to be a big deal!

WILLARD — Police are treating a fire as a possible homicide after a body was found in the ruins after the fire was put out.
The fire was reported around 3 a.m. Thursday at 103 E. 100 North. After the blaze was extinguished a few hours later, fire marshals discovered a body.
Positive identification of the victim had not been made, according to a news release from the Box Elder County Sheriff’s Office.
Police arrested Jeremy Lankford, 28, in connection with the fire.
Lankford was arrested at the scene at 6 a.m. Thursday, for interfering with the investigation, police said. He had locked himself in a truck and resisted arrest. Officers had to break the truck’s windows to get him out of the vehicle.

No comments: